PDA

View Full Version : powerbook

Yontsey
2005-04-27, 15:04
ive been reading on here and i keep seeing something that makes me curious. now im planning on getting a fully loaded 15'' pb in the next month or 2 and i saw they were g4's but is there a g5 coming out that im not aware of? i dont wanna spend all this money on a tight laptop and then find out like a month later that a new one was coming out so i figured this was the best place to ask... thanks a lot for your help

dustin

when they say g5, are they referring to the powermacs? ps, im new to apple so gimme a break, haha, thanks again

RobM
2005-04-27, 15:34
Yontsey, search is your friend ...

Bryson
2005-04-27, 15:46
But, to summarise:

There are constant rumours of a Powerbook G5. It all likelyhood, right now, they're more wishful thinking than anything else. G5s are apparently too hot for a Powerbook. You won't see a G5 powerbook any time soon. If you need a Powerbook now, or soon, the 1.67 G4s are perfectly good machines.

Yontsey
2005-04-27, 17:12
much appreciated

RobM
2005-04-27, 17:23
Sorry for the curt intro to these forums, Yontsey - well, I'm not really ..

errmmm, back on topic.
Was in the same sit'n a couple of months ago - to cut a long story short,

(with a lot of searching) I went and coughed for the PB 1.67. Love it - you won't go wrong. And if something does come out soon well, you've got the option of hocking off the old one and supporting Apple again by jumping on the latest and greatest for a few $$$ more. PB's tend to hold their value well and there is always demand so it's not like my Toshi laptop, which is not even worth selling.

Yontsey
2005-04-27, 20:50
its kool bud, i appreciate it though, i didnt even know there was a search my bad. thats funny you mention that though because i was debating between a pb and a toshiba for the longest time but i cant stand windows anymore and thats why i decided to go with apple. but thanks again for the info