PDA

View Full Version : A curious quirk in mobile web browser

Banana
2005-04-28, 22:34
I discovered an interesting thing today. I have a mobile handset that has web browsing capability. It does not support java, flash, and doesn't render pages correctly, though it sure can render images pretty good.

However, my past attempts to read AN off the handset was met with frustration- whenever I typed in either applenova.com or forums.applenova.com, itd be "requesting" for page but never get around to downloading the pages.

Now, if I use the link that takes me directly to my PM box, it works and from there I can navigate AN, in some cases, faster than my 56k dialup.

Not that I expect it to be fixed; I'm much too in a minority to attract atention. However, I just found it to be very very interesting quirk. Would like a explanaytion if there's one. :)

Brad
2005-04-28, 22:51
That sounds like you're having DNS problems or something else related to the mobile bit. There's nothing special or different about our domain name, AFAICT.

Banana
2005-04-28, 23:57
Juat so were clear on this.... I can browse AN with no problem whatsoever.. Only that I have to go thru my pm box. Main page just don't work....

Is that something considered a bit weird?

Brad
2005-04-29, 00:14
What exactly is this mobile handset you're using?