PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading a BTO

Banana
2005-04-30, 17:06
I did a search but found none, so...

I'm pending a BTO PM which has been on order for forever (lot of red tapes involved, enuff said). As luck would have it, PMs has been updated. I'm well aware that BTO can't be upgraded, however, by sheer luck, my BTO PM actually is exactly same as the new stock PM except for tiger installed.

Does that mean I can get the $500 back? And Tiger in it? I hope so....

LudwigVan
2005-04-30, 17:30
What did the folks at Apple have to say when you called them up with these questions?

Paul
2005-04-30, 18:03
Yes. If it hasn't been shipped yet you should be entitled to a refund and they should mail you Tiger through the Up-To-Date program for an extra $9.95 at the very least.

Bryson
2005-04-30, 18:14
Too late to cancel entirely and re-order?

Banana
2005-04-30, 18:44
Ordering is out of my hand. Its done through an agency so I really have no control over the order and am given to understand that it'll be here shortly.

Pauls sugestion sounds like something I can do; it'll be lot less complicated when I actually have it. I was hoping that there was options for after received the order to keep things simpler. Seems encouraging.

EDIT= reread pauls wording. Has to be *before* shipping. Not ideal as it means more hassle; the act of simply getting order placed was long, long process. As I said, red tape. Only once in my hand, will I be able to simplify the situation. :/

Bryson
2005-05-01, 04:49
Ordering is out of my hand. Its done through an agency so I really have no control over the order and am given to understand that it'll be here shortly.
:/

Sounds to me like that Agency may end up getting any possible refund...

Banana
2005-05-01, 05:32
Sounds to me like that Agency may end up getting any possible refund...

If the agency did get refund with no problem, fine by me. Its mainly tiger I'd like to have.

But I somehow doubt it'll work out because of stupid "use it or lose it" meaning a refund is something you don't want on your audit. (This explains a lot abt bizarre budget practice you would see your politivans engaged in)