PDA

View Full Version : Nip/Tuck, The Shield, and now Rescue Me

Eugene
2004-06-23, 05:43
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/rescueme/main.html

preview trailer (http://www.fxnetworks.com/video/qt/rescueme_trailer_qt_dsl.mov)

Nice use of the song Under Pressure. It's a little too early to say, but it looks like FX has another hit on its hands. I wonder why these shows aren't put on FOX instead? Wouldn't they draw better ratings than shows like "The Littlest Groom?" Oh well.

alcimedes
2004-06-23, 08:56
i started watching the shield a while back and now i'm hooked. nip/tuck was entertaining, but i worry it's not going to have 3+ years of viability, although we'll see.

the shield seems to be able to have more complex characters though.

Eugene
2004-06-23, 09:08
At first I was thinking the shows might be on a cable network because they might feature more controversial subject matter, but FOX has 24 so that can't be it. They must be putting all these shows on FX so they can attract more advertisers, I guess.

NosferaDrew
2004-06-23, 09:11
I worked on the DVD of season one of The Shield. I got hooked quick.
Really well written show.

psmith2.0
2004-08-12, 10:21
Sorry if this violates any sort of "bumping" protocol, but I remember this thread and if I'd started a new one, some wise-ass would've linked to this and inserted an eyeroll smiley...

Sue me. I was damned either way... ;)

Anyway, anyone been watching "Rescue Me"? I don't miss it and while "The Shield" is on break, this is the next best thing. Such a watchable show and Leary's character is hilarious. He acts like Denis Leary, just a bit older and wearing a fireman uniform.

Anyway, it veers from drama to some of the funniest dialog I've ever heard on TV. Pretty racy too and pretty free with the language, much like "The Shield". An adult drama with a comedic underlayer, for those missing "The Shield", who don't laugh at network sitcoms and who think "NYPD Blue" has gone all soap opera (which it has)...

Covers all my bases.

Wednesday, 10pm on FX. I highly recommend it. Good stuff!

thuh Freak
2004-08-12, 11:29
i caught one or two eps of rescue me and i really liked it. but, since its on cable, i forgot about it and i dont even know what channel it is now. nip/tuck is pretty entertaining, but a bit much, atleast from the 1/2 ep i saw.

Eugene
2004-08-12, 18:39
Yeah, they seem to get away with a lot of ass-crack shots...like with the junkie and the humpty-hump overhead shot last night. And they're realy liberal with the racial slurring. The whole Mike the Mick, Mike the Wop, Guinea Mike, etc. conversation and everything.

psmith2.0
2004-08-12, 18:58
Yeah, but it's just true life. I'd bet more people talk and act that way, like it or not, than they do on "CSI" or "Walker: Texas Ranger".

:lol:

Yeah, that sex scene last night...that was the second time Leary and that girl have done it in that position, which is one you usually don't see on TV.

:D

At most, you'll see a guy and girl, guy kinda on top, sheets strategically draped and they're smooching. Here? Leary naked, woman naked, doggystyle, standing up, pelvic thrusts, woman's breasts are dangling/swinging, moaning, sweat, they're talking dirty, she's turning around to give him "the look", etc.

Pretty damn graphic. It's not a show for the kiddies, no doubt. Hell, I was watching it alone and kinda got embarrassed and blushed.

:p

torifile
2004-08-12, 19:06
Yeah, but it's just true life. I'd bet more people talk and act that way, like it or not, than they do on "CSI" or "Walker: Texas Ranger".

Yeah, that sex scene last night...that was the second time Leary and that girl have done it in that position, which is one you usually don't see on TV.

At most, you'll see a guy and girl, guy kinda on top, sheets strategically draped and they're smooching. Here? Leary naked, woman naked, doggystyle, standing up, pelvic thrusts, woman's breasts are dangling/swinging, moaning, sweat, they're talking dirty, she's turning around to give him "the look", etc.

Pretty damn graphic. It's not a show for the kiddies, no doubt. Hell, I was watching it alone and kinda got embarrassed and blushed.

:p
Did you SEE all of that? Or was it implied? If you saw it, then I may have a new Wed. night show to watch. :p

psmith2.0
2004-08-12, 19:13
You pretty much saw it. Her butt, her breasts (minus nipples), the thrusting, the sweat, the talking, the bare backs, the obvious "she's leaning over a couch or table and he's standing behind her and giving her the business" aspect, etc.

Basically everything but actual genitalia and penetration.

But that's what the DVD is for, I guess...

Pretty damn raw for free, "anyone can watch" TV.

psmith2.0
2004-08-12, 19:21
But it's a great show, aside from all that. Actually, some of the other firefighters I couldn't care less about. I wouldn't mind if it was pretty much an hour or Denis Leary talking to his dead brother's ghost (a recurring theme on the show).

Funny moments, and some good dialog and writing there.

Leary is just funny to me. And I've seen way too many of his stage stuff to completely separate it from this character. Everytime he pulls a cigarette out and lights up, I just picture him doing that big exaggerated puff thing and talking about some kid at the 7/11 who needs to "pull his fuckin' pants up" and ranting at 98mph.

There's a smidgen of that in his character here. Supreme smart-ass, but not in an off-putting way.

:)

And on a semi-related note, WHAT in the hell is Ronnie James Dio doing in the middle circle above?!?!

:confused:

"...like a rainbow in the dark...".

Jeez...that's worse than the Tour de France stuff! ;)

Eugene
2004-08-12, 19:29
Did you SEE all of that? Or was it implied? If you saw it, then I may have a new Wed. night show to watch. :p
Like I said...they are very liberal with the ass-crackage and humpty-humping.