PDA

View Full Version : Kids, design a nuclear power plant (or iMac G5)

thegelding
2004-06-23, 13:56
ok, next week is the official "new iMac" week....

so let the mock ups begin....

three choices for your design

1. similar to today's design, but AL enclosure and no expensive metal arm
2. screen with "pizza box" back
3. Headless iMac

will also make this a poll as to which of the three is most likely....

and most wanted....a double poll...so vote for 1 2 or 3 and 4 5 or 6

g

DMBand0026
2004-06-23, 14:08
It will be the pizza box thing with a built in flat screen. I want headless, but that'll never happen.

Mockup? Here's your mockup:

http://cfa.skuz.net/finger.jpg

thegelding
2004-06-23, 16:53
interesting....

most people want a headless mac

yet most people don't think that is what we will get

g

seems like nobody wants the pizza box iMac...perhaps st. ives can make one that is beautiful and orginal, but that damn butt-ugly gateway aio keeps jumping into my head when i think "flat screen and pizza box back"

a pizza box mock up?
http://www.applele.com/img/picture_b_himac_r07c.jpg

SonOfSylvanus
2004-06-24, 04:02
There are exceptions to the white plastic = consumer and aluminium = pro equations (white pro displays, white pro keyboard/mouse, white pro/consumer AirPort Ex), but I don't understand why people think that the new iMac will have an aluminium enclosure.

:confused:

Apple DOESN'T DO aluminium for consumer products, unless its aluminium + colours (and that's only the iPod Mini). If the next iteration of the iMac is plastic, like all previous ones have been, then that might limit design options for it.

:\

windowsblowsass
2004-06-24, 12:59
nm

DMBand0026
2004-06-24, 13:00
quag would u stop taking credi for everything i show you damn it :no:

Will you shut up and post it yourself. :no:

And learn to read too. Quag didn't post that, thegelding did.

Chinney
2004-06-24, 16:10
I was disappointed to see that the ChinniMac was not among the choices. The cut ‘hockey puck’ design with the removable arm (i.e., an AIO, with a headless purchasing option). I’ve posted on that before. Since a Jobs and Ive read .com AND .org, I can only assume that they picked up on my suggestion and are putting it out. :p