PDA

View Full Version : At Apple or at Comp USA

MercySeverity05
2005-05-09, 19:00
I was looking around for the Powerbook G4 12'' that I am pretty 99% sure that I am going to buy at different computer stores. I went into Comp USA(which is like a Best Buy) that had a section of the store dedicated to Apple. The Powerbook G4 was sold for the same price but it had a 0% stocking fee if I was to return it. At the Apple store it is a 10% stocking fee. Would it be any different to buy it at the Comp USA or should I buy it at the real Apple store or does it not make any difference. It is not that I wouldnt want the laptop it is just lets say that I was not happy with the 12'' and wanted the 15'' or something in that nature. Thanks for the imput. :)

johnq
2005-05-09, 19:03
Go Apple.

I can't adequately say what I want to about CompUSA due to the posting guidelines.

longwood
2005-05-09, 19:04
I was looking around for the Powerbook G4 12'' that I am pretty 99% sure that I am going to buy at different computer stores. I went into Comp USA(which is like a Best Buy) that had a section of the store dedicated to Apple. The Powerbook G4 was sold for the same price but it had a 0% stocking fee if I was to return it. At the Apple store it is a 10% stocking fee. Would it be any different to buy it at the Comp USA or should I buy it at the real Apple store or does it not make any difference. It is not that I wouldnt want the laptop it is just lets say that I was not happy with the 12'' and wanted the 15'' or something in that nature. Thanks for the imput. :)

since compusa is an authorized apple seller, i would say that either one would be fine. but the no restocking fee is nice, especially if you are unsure on which model/size you want of something.

Random Hero
2005-05-09, 19:35
Well for one CompUSA is sometimes a little more expensive, I over paid about $300 on my Powerbook. I could have saved quite a bit if I bought at the Apple Store, and more if I ordered online.

Another thing is that CompUSA isn't exactly staffed by the most knowledgeable of people.

Ah hell, just read this. (http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=compusa_sucks)

torifile
2005-05-09, 19:53
Check to make sure there's no restocking fee. If you were "told" that by a rep, get it in writing. I don't know of any place that has no restocking on laptops. CompUSA has restocking fees on mice if you open them! Buyer beware. CompUSA sucks.

MercySeverity05
2005-05-09, 20:05
Well for one CompUSA is sometimes a little more expensive, I over paid about $300 on my Powerbook. I could have saved quite a bit if I bought at the Apple Store, and more if I ordered online.

Another thing is that CompUSA isn't exactly staffed by the most knowledgeable of people.

Ah hell, just read this. (http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=compusa_sucks)

I like that once you think about that it is pretty true. :lol: :lol:

FFL
2005-05-09, 20:20
If you buy from the Apple Store at Boca or Aventura and decide that you want to "trade up" from the 12" to the 15", either one should be willing to let you exchange without restocking fee.

MercySeverity05
2005-05-09, 21:16
If you buy from the Apple Store at Boca or Aventura and decide that you want to "trade up" from the 12" to the 15", either one should be willing to let you exchange without restocking fee.

Oh cool you are in that area. Yeah I went to the one in Aventura....very nice people. I think I will probably buy it there. Thats cool about the trading thing.