PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty Online Multiplayer (Server: SoS@ai.org)

SonOfSylvanus
2004-06-26, 13:35
Up for a game?

Will set up at 21 00hrs GMT

You're all gonna die... bitches.

heh heh (I'm a bit of a noob actually)

Moogs
2004-06-26, 16:32
LOL. BASTARD! I wish I had the game in my possession currently. Plan on buying it in the next week or so. Will make a note to check this thread periodically, assuming that server is a dedicated box / frequently available.

Luca
2004-06-26, 16:37
Hmm... I'm in US Central Daylight time... I believe that is a six hour difference from GMT. So 21:00 GMT is 15:00 CDT... which has already passed.

I won't be off work until 6 PM, and after that it's an hour long bike ride + drive to get home. I wonder if things will still be going at 7 PM my time (01:00 GMT). If not I could always host a game this evening for the guys on my side of the pond. If so I'll post it here.

And it actually would be a good idea for someone else here in America to host... I'm not on the fastest internet connection right now, and I don't want to be slowing people down.

SonOfSylvanus
2004-06-26, 17:46
:\

I didn't get any replies to this thread while I was playing so I didn't set up the server, just joined existing an game. (Neuville - Rifles Only. I came THIRD! Can you believe it? I'm proud of myself :D )

I was just going to host from my PowerBook -- Is that a stupid idea? I would love for someone at .org to host our own games on a dedicated box :cool: .

I am (as always) SonOfSylvanus, so if you ever see that name, it means I just killed ya in CoD Multiplayer... ;)

BTW, I've got to say how ABSOLUTELY AMAZED I am with Call of Duty. It is an AWESOME game. I am *very* demanding when it comes to in-game graphics, but even on my 1.25GHz PB, 1GB RAM, I am able to play a *very* beautiful game (for a Mac) at *very* reasonable settings and a *very reasonable* speed. Lag never affects me at all on a dodgy 1Mbps university halls connection. Plus, loading times and the ability to skip cut scenes etc -- little things -- are all near-perfect.

Anyway, watch out ya'll, I'm gonna get ya.... :devil:

Luca
2004-06-26, 17:53
Nice. CoD runs great on my machine, a 1.33 GHz G4 with a GeForce 3 and 1 GB of RAM. I generally move between high settings at 800x600 and medium settings at 1024x768. Either one yields very smooth gameplay. The main problem is the Stalingrad mission, which is just too demanding and is only just playable even at 640x480.

Anyway, I love this game and getting 1.4 so I can play multiplayer is just icing on the cake. Yesterday I played through about 1/2 of the game while restricting myself to only rifles, pistols, and as a last resort when out of ammo, SMGs set to single-fire mode. I'm hoping it'll help speed up my reflexes and aim.

Now I just gotta try doing the same... on Veteran. :lol:

Wickers
2004-06-27, 11:05
After playing the demo, I concluded that when playing the full version I would only play in the hardest setting. More realistic that way. Then I got the full version (this is back when I used winblows, and the game was downloaded so no online play for me) and beat the game. It's not that hard to beat CoD in the hardest setting. . . once you understand that running right into a fire-fight will only get you killed (as you would on an easy setting), your set.

Moogs
2004-06-27, 15:20
Lt. Spears is coming for your punk asses... remember the name and tremble in fear!

:D

Alpha9
2004-07-01, 20:00
Finally someone else has Call of Duty, just PM for details on when and where.