PDA

View Full Version : Apple Offers and Promotions

danny_boy
2005-05-17, 15:19
Hey,

I have an Apple question regarding purchasing a 15Inch PowerBook. I plan to make the purchase around June. I’m using my educational discount so I’m saving quite a bit of money. As I’m still spending quite a bit of money, I was wondering if Apple offers any promotions when spending this sort of money? I’m aware of the rebates they offer in the States does anything exist for us Brits? A friend told me they sometimes offer other Apple products for reduced rates? Is this true?

Many Thanks

Danny

Mister Black
2005-05-17, 16:21
So you're buying a 15" powerbook with the educational discount and you want more discount? Are you maybe thinking of the adc discount? Also apple offers refurb stuff at reduced rates sometimes.. you have to check the store though. Scroll down to the red tag where it says "looking for a great deal?" Looking at the UK store right now doesn't seem to offer any refurb powerbooks or good promos at the moment, but it changes.

Mac+
2005-05-17, 18:25
In Australia we have had a "Cram and Jam" promotion (among others of course) offering a PB and iPod at discounted rates before the school year starts.

Usually the promos are offered before a product update or to help spur sales before students return to school. Maybe if you timed your purchase close to the start of the school year you might see something similar. :)

* One more thing - some promos exclude educational pricing, so read the fine print carefully.

Brad
2005-05-17, 21:22
We've had that in the US for a couple of years too. I got my girlfriend a 20 GB iPod for just $69 under that deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the UK has had it too.