PDA

View Full Version : Just bought 12" and 15"

cmeinck
2005-05-26, 16:22
Well, I have been doing my research and was planning on getting my wife the 12" combo drive. I orginally planned on doing the Amazon deal with $150 rebate bring my total to $1349. I was in the Apple Store this past weekend and they mentioned a "refreshed model", but it was only $100 off. This is a perfectly working model that was returned in 14 days from purchase and verified by an Apple Genious. Today, I decided to call and see if they had them in stock. Well, they did and offered it to me for $200 off! :smokey: When I got there, I asked if they had any 15", since I knew a 15" was in my future. More of a curiosity thing. As it would turn out, they had a 15" with SuperDrive for $1999. I decided to take both. As I was checking out, I asked about Apple Care. One of the clerks said I might save if I bundled AppleCare. I thought they were going to pull the old "buy the added warranty so we can make money". They went into the back room and came back offering the 12" for $1199 and the 15" at $1850 IF I bought AppleCare and dot Mac for each. I planned on eventually buying AC for both, but didn't want to buy today. I offered to buy 1 AC and a dot mac if they would give me those prices. They said yes and I am the proud new owner of 2 new (well, almost new) Powerbooks. The damage was $1199 for the 12" and $1850 for the 15". $349 for AC and $69 for my .mac renewal. I picked up an HP printer for my Dad which will be free after rebate.

Not bad for an afternoon at the Apple Store. My wife is going to be one happy camper. :D

Franz Josef
2005-05-26, 17:59
Welcome to 'Nova and congratulations on your new arrivals ;) We're a 2 PB family too - my wife uses a 15" PB and I have my ultra-portable 12".

thuh Freak
2005-05-27, 09:50
welcome, and wow. buy a computer on a whim. :)

i strongly recommend you get AC for the other computer. you really dont want to be stuck up the creek when the original warranty runs out.

nomorewindows
2005-05-27, 12:10
Impressive! But did they throw in extra Apple stickers? :D

Seriously, it's nice to know Apple will "deal" with its customers.