PDA

View Full Version : I had a free breakfast yesterday. See you in hell.

murbot
2004-07-02, 16:53
So I committed a crime yesterday, on a whim. I just drove 3 hours to my parent's old house to pick up a few things, and I pass this hotel that we've stayed several times before. They have a REALLY good continental breakfast there man, I'm sure we save ourselves a $30 breakfast tab by staying at this place. It's worked in to the room price obviously, but it's a super bargain.

Anyway, I see it about a block away, get the idea, and 10 seconds later I'm pulling into the parking lot. I waltz in, hit the can, then stroll over to the kitchen area.

What a great breakfast! Nice toasted bagel and cream cheese, a banana, some coffee... then a nice big glass of cold OJ and a muffin for the road. I read the sports section, watched a little TV, and made my way out.

I walked down a hallway passing about 20 rooms, turned around, and walked out through the lobby again and into the van, and continued on the trip.

Great food, and the people were very nice. I'm totally going there for breakfast again!

:lol:

Any similar stories?

psmith2.0
2004-07-02, 18:48
The road to hell is paved with banana peels and cream cheese. Sinner.

Nope, no similar stories here. Can't say it's really crossed my mind, although now you've got me thinking...

I have, on two or three occasions, bailed on horrible movie and walked down the hall and into the start of another. Rather guilt-free, considering I paid $39 for a Coke and Junior Mints.

:mad:

Moogs
2004-07-02, 19:08
Bahhh. Old news....

;)

alcimedes
2004-07-02, 19:19
man, after everything else you've done, you think THIS is going to be what pushes you over the edge? i think not. :)

Windswept
2004-07-02, 19:23
man, after everything else you've done, you think THIS is going to be what pushes you over the edge? i think not. :)
Umm...what other things *has* he done??? :D

psmith2.0
2004-07-02, 19:32
Watches hockey, for starters. I think that says enough.

Moogs
2004-07-02, 19:39
May a thousand elderly goats soil your land... you Opryland Terrorist!

:mad:

Carol: we can't post the kinds of things Murbot has done on this board without breaking various international laws and codes of ethics.

tallslacker
2004-07-02, 19:51
I like making complicated orders at Taco Bell 9 times out of 10 they will mess up...... ^_^
Go back 2 hours later and then tell them they forgot stuff. Works like a charm.

Ahh the road to Hell is so toasty :D

Windswept
2004-07-02, 19:56
Carol: we can't post the kinds of things Murbot has done on this board without breaking various international laws and codes of ethics.
Hey Moogs. That's pretty much what I thought. :lol:

...but now my curiosity is going to kill me. damn! :D

Moogs
2004-07-02, 20:35
Watch out Carol, ole Murbot is a married man and his wife may be as wily and unpredictable as he is. ;)

By the way, Scates... I don't really think you're a terrorist. Infidel maybe, but not a terrorist. Rest assured, you will be assimilated. By this time next year, you and Eugene will talking about free agent signings, the upcoming winter olympic tournament and many other facets of North America's finest game. :p

psmith2.0
2004-07-02, 20:43
Don't be holding your breath there, sparky. :lol:

I hadn't heard the word "Opryland" in ages, and laughed my head off seeing it above. My mind raced with all the funny little Photoshop montages I could whip up with "Opryland terrorist" in mind...

You know, I don't even think it's there anymore. Just the Grand Ole Opry building itself, and a HUGE mall (IMAX on the end). The theme park itself is long gone...

:(

Moogs
2004-07-02, 22:27
^^ Greatest signature 3VaR.

alcimedes
2004-07-02, 22:43
what are the odds there was a drunken Canadian involved somewhere?

Wickers
2004-07-02, 23:18
Well I have yet to dine and dash, but I'm sure as. . . err. . .hell, that I am going to . . . err. . . hell. ;)

crazychester
2004-07-03, 00:36
Many moons ago when I was at university, some friends and I were drinking at the ANU Staff Centre which, while ostensibly for the staff, was also open to plebs like us. The ANU History Department was having their Christmas party under a marquee in the grounds. We were drinking at a nearby table.

Anyway, we've noticed that the lighting for the marquee is running off an extension cord that happens to be plugged in and hanging from a tree just beside our table. So we got ourselves in position, pulled the plug, and stole all their beer and vittles (how do ya spell vittles?) while they were in the dark. The booty included a spit roasted pig.

murbot
2004-07-03, 08:42
Well, this wasn't exactly a dine and dash, because it was the continental breakfast (free for people staying there). So the only challenge was making it look like I was staying there. I even said thanks to the guy running the area when I was done.

:)

sunrain
2004-07-03, 08:47
I like making complicated orders at Taco Bell 9 times out of 10 they will mess up...... ^_^
Go back 2 hours later and then tell them they forgot stuff. Works like a charm.

Ahh the road to Hell is so toasty :D

Great, the only thing worse than Taco Bell... more Taco Bell. ;)

Moogs
2004-07-03, 09:21
Anyway, we've noticed that the lighting for the marquee is running off an extension cord that happens to be plugged in and hanging from a tree just beside our table. So we got ourselves in position, pulled the plug, and stole all their beer and vittles (how do ya spell vittles?) while they were in the dark. The booty included a spit roasted pig.

Now THAT takes a tactician with some cahones. Color me impressed.

Argento
2004-07-03, 14:59
I even said thanks to the guy running the area when I was done.

Well in that case, what's the problem???? ......

sunrain
2004-07-03, 22:42
Well, this wasn't exactly a dine and dash, because it was the continental breakfast (free for people staying there). So the only challenge was making it look like I was staying there. I even said thanks to the guy running the area when I was done.

Have you been reading Kevin's book "The Art of Deception?" Social engineering can be fun for the whole family!

iBrowse
2004-07-05, 15:07
Me and a friend did this a few years ago, we got there early because we knew you couldn't get in any door other than the lobby door without a key, so we sat out back smoking cigarettes waiting for somebody to come out, then stuck our foot in the door. We went in, ate, grabbed a bagel and a donut each for the ride home, and went on our way.

Barto
2004-07-06, 02:00
Have you been reading Kevin's book "The Art of Deception?" Social engineering can be fun for the whole family!
Great book. I think I'll finish reading it, I only got 3/4 through the book when I first read it :)