PDA

View Full Version : New Video Card Advice

dlstarr7
2005-06-29, 12:18
I would like some advice on getting a new video card.

Right now I have a Radeon 9000 (64mb) that came with my G4. I am looking at the Radeon 9800 SE (256mb). Does anyone know how much of a boost this will give me? I've looked on XLR8yourmac.com, and the tests results entered by users didn't seem all that different.

If not the 9800, then what would people suggest? What does nvidia have out these days?

If I get this card, I will be happy with my G4 until the new MacIntels come out, I think.

Any advice for me?

*Edited for grammar mistake*

dlstarr7
2005-06-30, 16:30
I bought the 9800, in case someone out here cares about little o' me and my little 'o G4 Power Mac.

DMBand0026
2005-06-30, 16:41
Not saying you mad a bad choice because I honestly don't know anything about video cards, but if you would have waited more than 36 hours before making your purchase I know someone would have helped you out. There's quite a few hardware freaks on this site, any of which would have thrown some quality advice your way.

Just an FYI, good luck with your new card and congrats on the purchase.

dlstarr7
2005-07-01, 08:09
Sorry, I didn't mean for last post to sound all swarmy.

I did a bit of internet research (xlr8 and insidemacgames), asked a Mac friend, and saw that was the fastest one to be supported the G4. Also, a rebate was going to run out by last night, so I made a quick decision.

Hope it doesn't come back and bite me in the ass within the next month!

trickedoutwizard
2005-07-01, 16:44
www.hardocp.com, get in the know.