PDA

View Full Version : My new Mac design blog

iraszl
2004-07-04, 02:55
Hi All! This is my first post. I'd like to announce my new site, which is about tips and tricks for designers. It covers the most popular design applications and the OS X system itself. I would like to receive feedback on the layout and the content. Thank you!

CreativeBits (http://creativebits.raszl.net)

staph
2004-07-04, 03:13
Nice work.

The only suggestion I can make is that it might be nice to split the content up into several pages, because at the moment, the front page is huge, takes ages to load, and makes getting to your content just that little bit harder.

iraszl
2004-07-04, 03:39
thanks! i'm just afraid that people will not click on the previous posts link and since i'm updating daily the new articles will get archived too fast. you know what i mean?

staph
2004-07-04, 03:50
thanks! i'm just afraid that people will not click on the previous posts link and since i'm updating daily the new articles will get archived too fast. you know what i mean?

Yeah, I can see how that might happen.

One way around it might be to attempt to integrate content from each post into the others, and give linkage to attempt to entice people to go back and see what was said previously. It could, however, be pretty difficult to do this subtly.

I suppose it doesn't really matter all that much if this is just something which will be a problem while the blog is new…

iraszl
2004-07-04, 03:53
i have limitations now because i use blogger, but i'm planning to put it all on my own php engine, so than i can expand the features. thanks for your comment again.