PDA

View Full Version : Mark All Read & Quick Reply

Gargoyle
2004-05-16, 19:11
this link will do the mark all read. Perhaps a link on the main forum page somewhere?

http://forums.appleinsider.org/forumdisplay.php?do=markread

Also, another vB3 forum I frequent has a quick reply box below the thread you are reading. Have you de-activated this or not activated it? It's a cool feature. If its an add-on, I can ask the forum admins for a link to the code - he's a good friend of mine.

Just Ideas for you to chew over - Not that you haven't got enough to do ;) Great work to all the Admin team by the way.

HOM
2004-05-16, 19:43
If you click the "Forums Tools" button when you are at an area like Suggestions or FH, you will see an option for mark this forum read.

LoCash
2004-05-16, 20:20
We'll consider activating the quick reply once we finish tweaking templates.

Gargoyle
2004-05-17, 02:43
If you click the "Forums Tools" button when you are at an area like Suggestions or FH, you will see an option for mark this forum read.

I meant on the forum front page, where it lists the forums. If I don't read for a few days, what I tend to do is "Mark ALL read" then check back in a few hours and then see the new posts.

Anyone else do this?

DMBand0026
2004-05-17, 03:34
I'm not a huge fan of the quick reply thing. It just clutters things up.
It's activated at another forum that I frequent, and I never use it. More of a pain in the butt than anything for me. I don't like it, but I don't know how others here feel about it.