PDA

View Full Version : Love the tri-color AppleNova logo

Escher
2004-07-04, 17:14
I don't know who made up the red, white and blue AppleNova logo -- presumably to celebrate the 4th of July, the national holiday of the AppleNova server and owner's home country. But I absolutely love it.

Google is obviously the champion of holiday- and history-inspired temporary logos. MacMinute sometimes does a great job at it too (remember the green St. Patrick's Day theme on MacMinute?). I'm delighted to see AppleNova join that exclusive club.

Kudos!

Just make sure to put the tri-color logo back up for the Quatorze Juillet (July 14), the French national holiday. You won't even have to change the colors... ;)

Escher

LoCash
2004-07-04, 17:21
I plan on doing this for most of the major holidays in the future. It's fun :) I was going to change the speedholes too, but damn, the photoshop composite I work on for the site is such a mess I lost motivation promptly.

Mac+
2004-07-04, 21:46
mmm - even though I'm an Aussie - I like it. ;) Nice work Locash.

psmith2.0
2004-07-04, 22:06
This is how much of a boring, do-nothing afternoon I had: I took a screenshot of the above (template purposes) and created some Halloween-inspired variations.

:D

Glowing sets of eyes in the background, spider webs, orange gradient lettering, jack-o-lantern sitting at the end, etc.

Another with "applenova" in a 1950's sci-fi/horror font, dripping blood.

:lol:

Didn't even save them, because I figured it wasn't my place...

thegelding
2004-07-04, 22:45
like having some color to the boards...just a little splash here or there

can we have it on the forum page too for a while?

g

LoCash
2004-07-04, 22:55
heh, um, the tri colour logo is on both the front end AND the forums :)

staph
2004-07-05, 00:27
I can't see the AppleNova logo at all...

Hmm.

Mac+
2004-07-05, 00:34
Geez - I just popped into uni and am looking at the forum pages using IE on some type of Windows server and it looks poxy. :(

It presents itself (renders?) much more elegantly using OS X and Safari. ;)

Barto
2004-07-05, 01:19
Internode (my ISP) can't resolve www.applenova.com or applenova.com, only forums.applenova.com.

Hence there's no style sheet or logos and every single page looks messed up.

staph
2004-07-05, 04:12
Weird, now it works just fine.

The odd thing is that for about an hour this afternoon, forums.applenova.com wasn't resolving for me, but applenova.com was.

***twilight zone music***

Escher
2004-07-05, 13:28
I plan on doing this for most of the major holidays in the future. It's fun :)

Good to hear, LoCash. I look forward to a colorful surprise here and there.

Escher

Powerdoc
2004-07-05, 15:49
I don't know who made up the red, white and blue AppleNova logo -- presumably to celebrate the 4th of July, the national holiday of the AppleNova server and owner's home country. But I absolutely love it.

Google is obviously the champion of holiday- and history-inspired temporary logos. MacMinute sometimes does a great job at it too (remember the green St. Patrick's Day theme on MacMinute?). I'm delighted to see AppleNova join that exclusive club.

Kudos!

Just make sure to put the tri-color logo back up for the Quatorze Juillet (July 14), the French national holiday. You won't even have to change the colors... ;)

Escher

Yes, I truly love this colors :D