PDA

View Full Version : Cocaine...should I?

ast3r3x
2004-07-04, 20:56
I've been looking into it for a while reading, and I'm have heard coke is real great. I have read a lot about it, and think I'd be able to handle it, but I was hoping to get some personal experience. I know some people will be completely against it, and that is understandable, but I'm not really interested in hearing that, because you don't know personally, unless you have a family member who has a problem or something. I'd appreciate anything anyone can tell me, and if you are too modest to post, please PM me. Thanks!

(If this is inappropriate, please delete it, I just know we have a diverse group here, so it would be good to ask)

psmith2.0
2004-07-04, 21:16
Ah, never mind...what do I know.

Have at it... :|

LoCash
2004-07-04, 21:18
I don't think discussing drugs is inappropriate at all. I think it's good you're asking questions about it, because being better informed allows you to be safer about it all.

Now about Cocaine...

Some people react differently to cocaine, obviously. Some people that do it immediately fall in love with the effect and want more, and more. Its effects don't last terribly long, but it varies based on quality. It's also pricey. Some stuff goes up your nose rougher than others depending on quality. You could shoot it up too, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have someone experienced with points and actually do it responsibly.

A great resource for all your drugs questions is Erowid (http://erowid.org). Try their Cocaine and Crack Vault (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/cocaine/cocaine.shtml).

It's fun, it'll make you feel good, give you a warm feeling, numbness, and energy. Everybody reacts differently to every substance though. Personally, Cocaine isn't something I'm interested in doing a lot. First, it didn't do much for me in terms of loving the high (I'm more into downers anyway), and second it's expensive and it doesn't last long. I'll do Cocaine every few months or if it's at a party, but it's not something I feel like seeking out.

Also, don't do crack. Ever. Don't do a drug named after your own ass. :)

LoCash
2004-07-04, 21:33
Ah, never mind...what do I know.

Have at it... :|
Well, scates made a good point. I mean, if you abuse anything it'll fuck you up, your life up, and hurt a lot of people around you. A lot of the people that are advocates of not doing something knows someone who fucked up their life, or they did themselves. You've got to watch it and be a little disciplined about it. Cocaine is an addictive substance, and you'll get hooked on those quicker than you think.

Just read up about it. Spend some time reading at Erowid about other people's experiences and be safe and smart about it. Become a coke head and I'll personally kick your ass though :)

thegelding
2004-07-04, 21:41
ehh, never liked coke...but then i am insanely hyper as is...

for me it just made my face feel numb, like being at the dentist...and who wants that

now hash, that is another subject

course i'm old now and college is so very very far away

g

psmith2.0
2004-07-04, 21:59
Just read up about it. Spend some time reading at Erowid about other people's experiences and be safe and smart about it. Become a coke head and I'll personally kick your ass though :)

Where's that line, though? If coke is so "different for different people", then how would one ever know they've gone too far...until it was to such a point that things were bad?

That's my whole thing on it. Nobody sets out to abuse anything, become an addict and a fidgety, impossible-to-talk-to asshole, neglect the other 97% of their life...but many do.

Just one of those things I don't see the reward of the risk.

I realize there are plenty of people who do it, control it, touch it a couple of times a year, etc. Good for them. But I think it's a total dice roll, and most people are too fucking stupid or lazy to NOT think ahead, around the back side of a situation or decision, and truly only "live for the moment", which sounds good on paper, or saying it on "Road Rules", but it doesn't always mesh with real life. Real life sometimes has spouses, babies, jobs, bills, etc. involved. Funny how that works.

:)

I've just never known a case where good came from it. Someone always lost an amazing girlfriend (or wife). Someone always got in trouble with their friends and family. Someone always started hanging around people that probably weren't good for them to hang around. Money, finances, job all took a hit. It always led to shittier and shittier situations. And they weren't the people I knew - and liked - anymore.

Just some twitch I couldn't make sense of anymore and had to let go, for my own good and peace of mind.

YMMV...

:\

HOM
2004-07-04, 22:10
Why don't you ask the experts (http://homepage.mac.com/hom1/hellofa.avi)?

NosferaDrew
2004-07-04, 22:33
I never tried anything (except alcohol) before I went to college.
Once there, I tried everything. And I do mean everything. I think I'm better off having experienced these drugs and understanding how they affected me.

I found that I don't enjoy stimulants. Cocaine/Crack just did not agree with me at all. Made me feel too artificial.
On the other hand, I really enjoy pot. It very much agrees with me. :)
I haven't smoked in about seven months and I do miss it.

I say go for it. Try it out. Just be safe, be with good, trustworthy friends and know when to stop.

LoCash
2004-07-04, 22:38
I dunno, scates. Plenty of people use cocaine infrequently and don't have any problems with family, friends, and their bank account whatsoever. I disagree with it being a dice roll -- at least not for everyone. Ask yourself if you have an addictive personality. I mean, the people that turn into coke heads usually have some warning signs before trying cocaine and continuing to do it. I think crystal is a much bigger problem than coke, personally.

Trying coke once isn't going to turn you into an addict. Doing it two days in a row isn't going to turn you into a coke head either. The first time I did Cocaine I did it about four nights in a row, and I did a lot. I walked away from the drug for a while though, and it wasn't that hard. Your mileage may vary, but a weekend coke bender isn't going to turn you into a junkie.

All of my friends have no problem keeping their drug use under control, and I think it is largely due to the fact that we all have a good support system, we're knowledgeable about what we're doing, and we know our own bodies and minds. Be smart about it :)

billybobsky
2004-07-04, 22:46
NB: I have never done hardcore drugs, softcore drugs, or anything above or below (except for the occasional wiff of habish is the dorms in college and the various (and often unknown) chemicals I discuss below).

I haven't done drugs and will never do drugs for a number of reasons: the risk to my mental health be it fractional, mythical, or otherwise is something i cannot fathom and indeed am well versed in (see below); i hardly have the ability to live my life as is -- i am the absent minded prof type who will forget to pay bills and brush teeth unless some external imperative acts, and this lack of control of my life in my sober state is something that would be far worse (i believe and sense) if i were to do drugs and were to become addicted; and finally, drugs merely take you to a place your brain is already wired to go, if you can sense and feel it high, you can sense and feel it sober -- this isn't really that deep, its merely biology -- drugs are the easy way out.

I am a chemist. I have the knowledge base necessary to make any and all recreational drugs if i had the desire to, but i do not. That said, I work with some of the more classic addictive substances out there including ether, which while I admit provides a buzz (not a very large one), is associated with both a quick and sometimes painful withdraw in addition to confusion, inability to speak, loss of muscle control etc. These things I have learned to deal with if i ever am exposed to ether or other organic solvents in the lab -- mostly though I try to avoid them because after all I am working in a lab where a few mistakes are easily compounded (though mind you this is true of where ever you do the things you do). I have also been exposed to the unknowns: there was a freezer where we stored all sorts of synthetic compounds that had this unusually pleasant smell that provided an instant and indeed long lasting high. Again, too much confusion and boom goes the lab, so I stopped breathing around the fridge when I had to deal with it. I have been drunk off my rocker out of spite for my ex-girlfriend (don't do drugs out of spite, even alcohol -- i stupidly fell asleep on my back after that incident and if it wasn't for her i most certainly would have died). I have even gained a resistance to some of the organic solvents that I deal with so much so that i barely smell them or even sense them when other people are holding their noses at me. At the same time I have dealt with psycho active compounds (or things related to them) that leave me feeling terrible -- there are synthesis I have performed that I am loathed to do now simply because the compounds cause me no end in suffering with just a wiff.

I guess the moral of the story is as follows: while I do not condone the use of drugs (nor condemn it), I think several ground rules should be established:
Know what you are getting into.
Know how to get out (really know).
If you are going to use drugs that will affect your mental state do it in a place and with people you know and trust; do it only in a manner that the sober you know will bring no harm to others or even the possibility of harm to others.
Always have someone who you know will remain sober/straight and that you trust with this type of information know where you are doing the drug and who you are doing it with (this is especially true with the heavier stuff).

billybobsky
2004-07-04, 22:57
I dunno, scates. Plenty of people use cocaine infrequently and don't have any problems with family, friends, and their bank account whatsoever. I disagree with it being a dice roll -- at least not for everyone. Ask yourself if you have an addictive personality. I mean, the people that turn into coke heads usually have some warning signs before trying cocaine and continuing to do it. I think crystal is a much bigger problem than coke, personally.

Trying coke once isn't going to turn you into an addict. Doing it two days in a row isn't going to turn you into a coke head either. The first time I did Cocaine I did it about four nights in a row, and I did a lot. I walked away from the drug for a while though, and it wasn't that hard. Your mileage may vary, but a weekend coke bender isn't going to turn you into a junkie.

All of my friends have no problem keeping their drug use under control, and I think it is largely due to the fact that we all have a good support system, we're knowledgeable about what we're doing, and we know our own bodies and minds. Be smart about it :)

It isn't personality locash. It is simply biology. It is a dice role simply because you don't know unless you tried, to some of us that is a risk that is simply not worth it. I think you also should be willing to admit when you are addicted to something be it alcohol, masturbation or crack. It takes admitting that to control the addiction or if failing that, protecting others from the effects of that addiction be they deadly, superficial or scary. The only person I would think should believe the try it attitude is someone who is self-reflective enough to have seen addictions that are already present in their life. Most of us, however, only joke when we say we are addicted to chocolate.

alcimedes
2004-07-04, 23:10
i'd disagree. among everyone i know who used drugs a lot, the only ones who had problems were ones who were unhappy going into drug use.

if you're not happy with your life, and you're looking for an escape, drugs can provide that temporarily. of course, it goes away, and then you need more drugs to make it come back.

however, the folks who were happy going into things, were willing to give up drugs when they needed to, and that was that.

InactionMan
2004-07-04, 23:12
My experience with Coke was miserable. It rendered me completely incoherent. My face hurt from smiling too much and for three days after my heart wouldn't stop pounding and I sweated like a pig. That's just me though, you might love it.

naren
2004-07-04, 23:28
It's not all that great, and it's one of the few drugs I've done which I actually found physically addictive, which was not an experience I found especially pleasant. Ironically, last week I was cleaning out my desk and found a package of coke which I had forgotten about, go's to show you what I think of the stuff now. I trashed it.

murbot
2004-07-05, 00:06
My experience with Coke was miserable. It rendered me completely incoherent. My face hurt from smiling too much and for three days after my heart wouldn't stop pounding and I sweated like a pig. That's just me though, you might love it.

Christ, that was me watching the Flames during the playoffs!

*off to write new NHL slogans*

Of course, that was also me after having sex with my girlfriend for the first time in her car.

Damn, a lot of things are like cocaine.

ast3r3x
2004-07-05, 05:03
Thanks everyone...I was reading about it at Erowid and was a little freaked out by some of the testimonials, but felt like I wouldn't reflect the many of the addictive ones.

I have never had an addictive personality with pot or alcohol, I mean, I will drink on the weekends or smoke if someone asks me to, but I never feel the need, and could have fun doing other things. I'd be perfectly happy sitting at my computer, or just hanging out then going out and drinking. Out of all of my friends, I feel the need to drink less then almost all of them.

It's because I've never felt compelled to do stuff like that often that I can't imagine coke controlling someone. I mean, I was thinking about trying in the near future, but read bad things about getting off of it (they stick out more then the benign stories) and wanted to see what some of you had to say. I can't imagine not being able to stop something, I mean maybe something like heroin (won't try), but with coke...you're off it, you might not feel good, you'll be down a bit, you'll come back in a while as your body recoups.

I guess I just feel like I have strong will power for stuff like this, but was thrown back by something like this: (excerpt from testimonial at erowid)
You spend half your life trying to prove that you're unique and immune from normal human fallibility, then before you know it you're in some room far away from home with a bunch of strangers snorting lines off some filthy toilet seat that you've 'cleaned' with a flimsy piece of tissue paper. It's times like this I find myself staring at my reflection in a mirror thinking, “who the fuck are you?” and realising that I'm actually just like everybody else and I'm a sucker.

Of course on the old forum, I was the most hated member, so maybe you're all just f'n with me ;)

The bad (?) thing is that it's not cool for most of my friend to do coke. They don't have a problem with pot or alcohol, but coke is one of the "bad" drugs. If I try it and like it, I'd like for some of my friends to do it with me, but I kinda would feel like scum trying to get them too, I mean if they can't handle it, I don't want that to be on me :\ Or even some of them would be pissed because I have tried it.

psmith2.0
2004-07-05, 07:05
I dunno, scates. Plenty of people use cocaine infrequently and don't have any problems with family, friends, and their bank account whatsoever.

...and I think I made that clear in my post. I said "some people can use it and blah, blah, blah...fine, no problems". But that HASN'T been the case in the buddies I know, in my personal life. That's also why I said YMMV, realizing not everyone is going to have the same experience and dislike for it all. Cocaine might affect one's ability to read and comprehend... ;)

I disagree with it being a dice roll -- at least not for everyone.

Then what the hell are you disagreeing for? When you disagree, then qualify it with a "at least..." tag, you end up saying it anyway. That's what a "dice roll" is, by its very nature, right? A random thing, that you don't know the outcome of until it happens. At least that's how I think of it, and use it here. It IS a dice roll...for everyone. Some do totally fine, others don't. I don't think everyone is 100% sure, going in. And, as I said, no one sets out to get addicted, but many do.

What's that old Richard Pryor line..."Man, I've doing coke for 20 years...I ain't hooked!"

:D

Ask yourself if you have an addictive personality. I mean, the people that turn into coke heads usually have some warning signs before trying cocaine and continuing to do it. I think crystal is a much bigger problem than coke, personally.

Honestly, I might. I think all that stuff has the ultimate potential to be rotten. I'm not gonna sit and rate them, viewing some as better and some as "don't EVER do that". I'd just rather not.

It's cool your buddies can control it and not get sucked in. A trait to be admired, I guess. Maybe my buddies were just weak, miserable ticking time bombs who didn't know themselves or their bodies.

Mac+
2004-07-05, 09:31
drugs merely take you to a place your brain is already wired to go, if you can sense and feel it high, you can sense and feel it sober -- this isn't really that deep, its merely biology -- drugs are the easy way out.This is a great quote bb - but are you saying that it is possible to train yourself to feel stoned, drunk and high? I sort of understand tapping into endorphines to feel high - but stoned or drunk - that I don't get. How could you tap into those feelings whilst sober?

I had a post about dope - but I don't think it right to railroad this thread.
ast3r3x - I don't have any words of wisdom to offer you... ultimately, you're going to have to arrive at your own conclusion. Best of luck. :\

ast3r3x
2004-07-05, 11:44
I know coke can be taken orally as well as injected an snorted. I was wondering, if you mix it into a drink, would you be able to get the effect from drinking it? I mean I understand you'd have to probably swish it around in your mouth for a little with each sip, so it doesn't go strait into your stomach. But would that work or would it be a complete waste?

murbot
2004-07-05, 11:59
Do we really want to be giving advice on how to take your friggin' cocaine here?

Save yourself the trouble and buy a 6 pack, man. Really. Why take a chance on fucking yourself up.

Quagmire
2004-07-05, 12:06
I agree with murbot here. Do you want holes in your nose? At least beer can't screw yourself up as much as coke can. Even though you can die from withdrawl by alcohol. I do not believe this should be discussed here. If it was about peer pressure and you wanted to find a way to relieve the pressure and talk about what it can do to you. But, talking about doing it by your free will, I do not support.

ast3r3x
2004-07-05, 12:21
While I don't mind beer, I don't like it enough to want to get drunk off of it. I'll drink a couple in an evening interspersedly with shots or mixed drinks though. I don't see the big difference between alcohol and coke as long as coke is done in moderation and safely.

Any drug is bad for you, I seem to remember reading an article about how even a beer or two a day spread out over years, has the same effect as an alcoholic who drinks a lot everyday. I'll try and find the article. Not saying this to defend myself, just as a side fact...I understand beer is much more benign then coke.

If peer pressure is a problem for you, you have bigger problems. If you aren't sure enough of yourself to give in for acceptance, then there is a problem you need to sort out.

I don't want to use it because I'm sad or need to fill a void or need it to feel happy. I want to use it because I think it will be fun and feel good, just like pot or alcohol. Recreationally, not dependently ;) (I'm confident I can control myself)

Anything inappropriate can and will be moderated. I read the posting guidelines pretty thoroughly before posting, and don't think I'm in violation of any of them. I'm sorry if I am, I am just trying to get some opinion of those with experience before I make a decision. You wouldn't buy a car without researching first would you?

mannequin23
2004-07-05, 12:33
if when you drink you tend to get violent, do yourself and your friends a favor and do not experiement with cocaine. a lot of people get violent under the influence. also under no circumstaces drive. i cannot stress that enough. you will be thirsty, and can easily drink a fraction of your body weight, so alcohol poisoning is always a threat as well. and one more thing, make sure the people you hang out around you can trust, b/c there is a really good chance, you will end up ranting on and on about things you wanted to take to your grave. so if you do decide, be very, very careful about your environment.

oh and if it is brown colored, that's not coke, it has been cut with herion- steer clear.

good luck with your decision. but like it was recommended, erowid.org is the best source by far.

ast3r3x
2004-07-05, 13:27
I wonder what people's responses would have been if it were another drug.

This thread has also got a decent number of views for less then a day. I felt iffy about posting it, and I'm still questioning that decision...the little that people think of me may have gone...I'm so sad, maybe I'll do some coke! Just playing...ok not funny? I'm serious though, I didn't know if I should have posted or not, and hope a negative opinion isn't though of me for this.

alcimedes
2004-07-05, 13:54
nobody here knows who the hell you are anyway, not in real life, so who cares?

what better way to ask a question that might get mixed responses than a relatively anonymous message board?

i know people who've done coke and been fine, i know some who've done coke and fallen to pieces. it's your life.

Moogs
2004-07-05, 13:56
AFAICT, everyone's forgetting the most important question you have to ask yourself, ast3r3x... why do you feel compelled to try it? Bored? Tired? Depressed? Seriously... Murbot has the right attitude. What is it about your situation right now that motivates you to think about more than just a few beers with friends?

No one fancies themselves on a narcotic substance like that unless some other area of their life is lacking, generally. It's very rare that people try drugs purely out of "physiological curiosity", or just to be able to say they tried it, and thus "understand it" (or whatever philosophical point they're trying to make). Many people will claim that is their reasoning behind their usage, but the truth is that's not the reason in most cases.

If that's you ("Mr. Biochemical Curiosity"), and you have no problems with other types of addictions (any type including seemingly innocuous types, like say food or sleep), then have at it and let us know how it goes. If you think maybe there are other things going on that might motivate you to try this... *don't fucking do it*.

That's all I hafta say about thayat.

PS - if you go ahead with it, you better be DAMN sure you get it from a reliable supplier that won't put any junk in your junk. Would be a shame to experiment with coke only to find out the hard way that you snorted something else up your brain stem.

thuh Freak
2004-07-05, 14:31
that was an interesting idea, ast3r3x. even more interesting that you'd post it late at night, while i was... helping old ladies cross the street...

but seriously, cocaine can be a lot of fun. but you have to keep in mind that it is addictive. pot is debatedly addictive. many people will claim a social or psychological addiction over pot. and alcohol addiction is a terrible but undermentioned plaque across the nation. coke is physically addictive. it is more addictive than pot and alcohol. there are physical withdrawl symptoms you will go through after doing enough. it's also stronger than pot and alcohol, as in there is a deadly amount. you could smoke pot till the cows come home, and just fall asleep. but with coke, you can od. i've had some really terrible experiences with coke, and some rather fun ones. i make sure only to tame that beast months or more apart. and then, like all the rest of a night that i do have it (once its all spent) and the next few days i'm dying for some more, but my friends (who at times can be good people) keep me off it. it's not something you really want to go in alone. because that means you'll probably end up doing lines with your dealer (b/c who fuckin does coke by themselves?). and while i'm sure he could be a great guy, its not exactly the life-path you want to lead (ie, shirking your friends to do hard drugs with a dealer). this is definitely not a thing to go into lightly. don't do it on a whim, and make sure you've thought through it. another thing you should keep in mind, is if you ever get out of hand, you personally, probably won't be able to realize that until you've gone too far. the easiest way to avoid addiction is to never try an addictive substance.

but when/if you ever do give it a shot, make sure to gum some of it (ie, apply a small amount onto your gums). its a cool effect. cocaine was the first local, and general anasthetic (i'm pretty sure; one of them atleast). its like a live biology experiment, that doesn't involve cutting up frogs.

oh, and as for mixing it with a drink, that was one of the ways it was used back before its regulation. coca-cola was a cola drink mixed with the coca plant (duh, everyone knows that ;)). i'm inclined to think that the acids and reactions of the stomach would significantly hamper the experience though. and i don't know what kind of numbing effects it might have on really important internal organs. smoked and snorted is all i've ever done with her, plus the gumming; and those methods each have their benefits.

Powerdoc
2004-07-05, 14:57
I haven't any personal experience with cocaine, and I think that I am limited to Murbot's six pack.

However, I watched a very interesting TV emission about drug addictions. An expert about cocaine studied with PET scan, how the brain reacted ot cocaine.
The expert said that most people are not especially sensitive to cocaine, and that occasional takes will not lead them to addicition. Others will become fully addictive, and this addiction is immediate.
At the contrary of Low Cash, I don't know, if you can guess who will become addict to this drug.

iBrowse
2004-07-05, 15:01
I love and hate cocaine. Personally, I'd like to give the advice of not trying it. But, it is possible to not have it turn into a big problem, but then again, me and a few of my good friends did our time with it, spending ridiculous amounts of money every week. I got out of that, I still do it occasionally, but I make a point to not go looking for it. It's your decision. If you do it, and do it again, start writing down how much money has been spent on it, at the end of the week look at those numbers, that can be what shows how bad it can get.

Moogs
2004-07-05, 15:12
Hint, hint.

alcimedes
2004-07-05, 15:16
i guess that brings up an excellent point.

it's both illegal and expensive.

the cost/benefit to using cocaine wouldn't seem that great to me.

ast3r3x
2004-07-05, 15:22
On the Blow DVD there is a special feature talking to a doctor about alcoholism and cocaine. He was saying how people who are alcoholics and the like often said when he asked them how they could drink in the morning that the needed to just to feel normal. Apparently they often have lower dopamine levels in their blood or something and so it raises it to the normal level. Now I don't recall if they were lower because the were alcoholics or whatever or because biologically they weren't normal, but it was really interesting.

I can't imagine being addicted to something, I mean...I can't imagine not being able to stop. I imagine myself being like sickboy from transpotting...only I won't do it half as much as him...and it'll be coke not heroin.

If and when I choose, I'll let you guys know and inform you about my experience with it. I basically have made up my mind, but posted to see if there were any testimonials or facts that were moving enough to change my mind.

Powerdoc...you professional opinion, but off the record: Would you say there is no way in hell that I should even try it? Even in moderation if I like it...would you advise against even casual usage? I don't expect you to promote it, but I'm asking you as a friend would, not a patient who you have to keep a certain status quo with.

thuh Freak
2004-07-05, 15:22
i guess that brings up an excellent point.

it's both illegal and expensive.

the cost/benefit to using cocaine wouldn't seem that great to me.
:lol: thanks to years of underage drinking, and untold amounts of illegal drugs, i don't even consider the cop factor anymore. coke is considered worse (and rightfully so) than pot and alcohol, and anyone interested in using should lookup the local penalty. if memory serves, coke sale or possession can get you hit up harder than a comparable amount of pot.

autodata
2004-07-05, 15:34
I skimmed the thread, so excuse me if I am repeating something, but the problem I've always had with coke is that it is such a short high and can have a bad crash. If you end up around a lot, then it might be a bad situation when you run out since there is such a strong desire to do more immediately afterward. If you aren't around a lot, it really isn't worth it. I haven't been around coke in a long, long, long time, but I know that if it was in front of me I would want it. However, if I did it, I would be disappointed because the high is not so great. IMO, the best thing about coke is the taste of it in the back of your mouth. For the price there are other drugs that give a much better high.

Also, in my experience, coke, heroin and meth are the three drugs that screw people up the most. There is something about even mild addiction to these drugs that increases selfishness and lack of empathy for others in all areas of social interaction. The biggest problem is that these effects are not immediately noticeable since such behavior changes are not very far outside the realm of normal asshole behavior.

Personally, I would suggest sticking to the hallucinogens.

Crusader
2004-07-05, 15:52
I can't afford to do most of this. I'd rather save for a better high, ie: the kind I get when I receive a new piece of Apple hardware.

I stopped doing drugs when I had coke tainted with LSD. That fucked me all kinds of up. Several days later I made the decision that I will never loose control of my mind/body ever again. I've seen some of my friends move from easy, relatively nice stuff such as pot to heroin... drugs do change people.

Moogs
2004-07-05, 15:58
Let's not forget... (http://www.wavsource.com/tv/south_park/drugs.wav)

crazychester
2004-07-05, 18:00
Also, in my experience, coke, heroin and meth are the three drugs that screw people up the most. There is something about even mild addiction to these drugs that increases selfishness and lack of empathy for others in all areas of social interaction. The biggest problem is that these effects are not immediately noticeable since such behavior changes are not very far outside the realm of normal asshole behavior.

No you're confusing the addictive effects of these drugs with the effects of prohibition. The Merseyside project in Britain proved that most of the problems with heroin in particular stem from the fact that it is illegal and that it is treated as a legal issue instead of a medical one. Coke and meth are a little more difficult because they take a greater physical toll on the body if used regularly. Although from memory, there was one guy on the Mersey programme who had a coke/heroin addiction who was supplied with daily cocktails of these and who lived a perfectly normal life.

The politics of the illicit drug trade is extremely murky indeed. The US has a lot to answer for in that regard. In Australia, about 85% of all drug deaths are due to guess what? Tobacco and alcohol. That's right the legal stuff. You will find similar statistics in your own countries.

My first thought whenever I see some poor sad pisshead, or drunks swinging punches at each other, or a car of dead, drunk teenagers is "Gee this shit's legal". :err:

"The question as to whether a person finds it easy or difficult to give up a drug, depends not on the drug, but on the substitutes for it that they CAN or WANT to employ." -Dr Thomas Szasz.

autodata
2004-07-05, 18:26
No you're confusing the addictive effects of these drugs with the effects of prohibition. .
No, actually I'm not.

The strongly addictive nature of those drugs have a significant psychological impact that many people don't recognize, particularly when the addiction is mild to moderate.

It's a problem that can permanently stay with the person. I know people that still have the lasting effects of addiction. Some people will even say they weren't ever addicted, but that bullshit. Even if you don't crave it enough to go out and get it and do it again, the addiction, while mild, is still hidden in there and manifests as attempts to fulfill oneself at the expense of others. Of course, this is acceptable behavior so most people don't notice it. But what it does to the person's mental health over the long run is the problem.

crazychester
2004-07-05, 18:47
No, actually I'm not.

The strongly addictive nature of those drugs have a significant psychological impact that many people don't recognize, particularly when the addiction is mild to moderate.

It's a problem that can permanently stay with the person. I know people that still have the lasting effects of addiction. Some people will even say they weren't ever addicted, but that bullshit. Even if you don't crave it enough to go out and get it and do it again, the addiction, while mild, is still hidden in there and manifests as attempts to fulfill oneself at the expense of others. Of course, this is acceptable behavior so most people don't notice it. But what it does to the person's mental health over the long run is the problem.

Sounds great in theory but I'm afraid the medical evidence for what you are suggesting simply does not exist.

If however, you take pot for instance, there is considerable evidence that it can have detrimental effects on the mental health of vulnerable individuals. And there have certainly been plenty of people who have taken one trip too many and never quite made it back. And LSD does not fall into the category of what could be called a highly addictive drug.

murbot
2004-07-05, 18:57
My personal unprofessional opinion is that if you think something like this out, and you go snort up some coke... you're a fucking moron.

I'm sorry, nothing personal, I just think it's a stupid thing to do. I love you LoCash, but dude, get real.

Trying to convince people that cocaine is a fun thing that you can kick at any time is brutal. I won't feel sorry for anyone who actually takes a long time to make a decision like this, and decides to snort that shit, who ends up fucking their lives up.

Don't be a moron. Leave the shit alone.

LoCash
2004-07-05, 19:18
My personal unprofessional opinion is that if you think something like this out, and you go snort up some coke... you're a fucking moron.

I'm sorry, nothing personal, I just think it's a stupid thing to do. I love you LoCash, but dude, get real.

Trying to convince people that cocaine is a fun thing that you can kick at any time is brutal. I won't feel sorry for anyone who actually takes a long time to make a decision like this, and decides to snort that shit, who ends up fucking their lives up.

Don't be a moron. Leave the shit alone.

I haven't touched cocaine in about seven weeks. I don't feel a burning desire to do it now either. To me, it is a fun drug to do when you're with other people and having a good time. But I don't have a cocaine habit, and I certainly don't do it with any frequency that there is anything there to "kick".

But it's not like that for everyone. I know people that have kicked their coke or crystal habits, and while it wasn't easy, they don't do it anymore. But I also know about three dozen people that use Cocaine irregularly and never develop a habit that they have to kick. The biggest advocates against these things are often the ones that have never done it. You don't fuck up your life by snorting Cocaine, you fuck it up by continuing to do it on a regular and wholly unhealthy basis.

Other substances are a bigger problem, like alcohol. But alcohol is socially acceptable and legal, so it must be ok. :no:

Windswept
2004-07-05, 20:14
Hi, Ast3r3x. I have kept myself away from trying various substances, because I know that if the substance were addictive, and the pleasure intense, I think that I would be a goner from the first second. At least, this is what I fear. So I have denied myself that 'first' thrill wrt various chemicals.

I think I have an addictive personality because I go WAY overboard on some things. If I like a certain author (usually British), I'll check out all 18 of his/her books from the library, and read them day and night until the supply is exhausted.

If I like a certain movie (usually about 19th century England), I might watch it over and over again, drinking in every detail.

At various times, I have felt addicted to certain foods. For awhile (2-3 weeks), I would come home every day and bake two large chocolate chip cookies (I had made the dough from scratch and kept it in the fridge). I would eat these with a fork, while they were still hot. Mmmm. :)

Then once I got addicted to baked cod fillets. :lol: haha. I HAD to have this for dinner when I got home from work - for like six months! Result was that my system became cleansed from 'not' eating meat, and it took me forever to be able to eat meat again - and even then, only the VERY most expensive cuts.

Also, I make the world's best meatballs (IMHO) - with LOTS of fresh garlic chunks. I honestly think garlic must be addictive; because once i make these meatballs, I am compelled to make them again and again, at least three more times in a row. Then I OD on it and stop.

So I *think* I have an addictive personality, ast3r3x, because of the above examples. I enjoy drinking, but don't *need* to do it - which is fortunate. I always have a great time when I drink...never get mean or weepy, or anything like that. And I don't really drink all that often, actually. I might 'plan' to have a drink when I get home; but then when I get home, I forget all about it. heh (My memory really does suck sometimes! :) )

Everyone has to make these decisions about substances for themselves. I can only tell you what decisions I have made for myself. I will also tell you to be careful. SO many people have gotten strung out on stuff and ruined their lives. Look at some of the Hollywood people, like Robert Downey Jr., who spent time in jail and still kept going back to coke (or whatever).

I think you have decided to try coke. I think it's a big risk. Just my opinion.

InactionMan
2004-07-05, 20:18
I've got to agree with LoCash on this one. Chances are, anything done in moderation won't harm you too much. I did Coke once and didn't have much fun with it but their are no lasting effects. The harm I do myself is from the pack and a half of cigs I suck back everyday.

crazychester
2004-07-05, 20:31
At various times, I have felt addicted to certain foods. For awhile (2-3 weeks), I would come home every day and bake two large chocolate chip cookies (I had made the dough from scratch and kept it in the fridge). I would eat these with a fork, while they were still hot. Mmmm. :)

:lol: Now that is weird. You eat cookies (or biscuits as I prefer to call them ;) ) with a fork?! :eek:

Re: the food stuff. While there are those with food addictions, I have this theory (another one) that people crave certain foods because their body needs some mineral or vitamin they contain. So if you're low on potassium you might want to eat lots of bananas for a few days. This, of course, is recognised as something that happens to pregnant women. Why not the rest of us as well?

Windswept
2004-07-05, 20:51
:lol: Now that is weird. You eat cookies (or biscuits as I prefer to call them ;) ) with a fork?! :eek:

Re: the food stuff. While there are those with food addictions, I have this theory (another one) that people crave certain foods because their body needs some mineral or vitamin they contain. So if you're low on potassium you might want to eat lots of bananas for a few days. This, of course, is recognised as something that happens to pregnant women. Why not the rest of us as well?
Well, the cookies were pretty much right out of the oven: hot, with the chocolate still all melty, and they'd fall apart if you tried to pick them up. So I ate them with a fork, because I liked them hot, with the chocolate all melty, and didn't want to wait till they cooled off. Yummmm. :)

About the mineral deficiency: for two or three months I was *really* low on iron (a few years ago). However, I didn't know that I had this deficiency. The one symptom was that I became addicted to chewing ice. I became obsessed with this. It was incredible, it really was. I knew which convenience stores had the best ice for chewing. Turns out, it's the kind of ice in a roundish shape, with a large hole through the middle of the chunk.

I would literally *think* about chewing ice (when I was at work), and make plans to make an ice run when I had some free time during the day. Finally, my iron deficiency was diagnosed, and after three days of vitamin supplements, I never had a desire to chew ice again. It was a very strange experience. I think our bodies are just amazing. I don't really understand the connection between ice and iron though. I never chewed ice before, and never chewed it again; so my compulsion did seem to be related to the iron deficiency. (shrugs)

Mac+
2004-07-05, 21:20
Also, I make the world's best meatballs (IMHO) - with LOTS of fresh garlic chunks. I honestly think garlic must be addictive; because once i make these meatballs, I am compelled to make them again and again, at least three more times in a row. Then I OD on it and stop.

Carol regarding the meatballs and garlic - I believe garlic is known to make you crave heavy foods. That's why, at an Italian restaurant, for example, Garlic Bread (which I love) is usually followed by a hearty main course of pasta or meat - as opposed to a light salad. The garlic - making you crave heavy food in your palette is probably why you want to keep eating the meatballs and only rely on your stomach to tell you that's enough!

Idris
2004-07-06, 03:54
What they don't tell you: cocaine makes you snore. It also makes you angry and annoying forty-eight hours after you put it in your face, if you do enough. It makes sex... interesting. Me it also gives rhinitis and painful sneezes.

I don't like it. I don't buy it. I find it difficult to turn down.

Other observations: all cocaine dealers, without exception, are dickheads. This tells you something. I've sat around while sane people, my friends, turn into shouty knobheads talking nonsense to each other at top volume, and been embarrassed for them and me. It doesn't affect everyone the same: more often than not it jams me into myself rather than making me the garrulous know-all it turns everyone else into. It's difficult to turn down but makes you feel worthy if you do. It's an awful, nasty expensive drug. It makes you a temporary dickhead when you do it and a permanent, shifty grey-faced dickhead if you do it enough.

It probably won't do you any harm to try it (which you probably have already since I'm sure you probably had a wrap hidden somewhere when you started this thread :)) but you should EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION if you have

rich parents
a large income
a desire to drive a red sports car
an inflated sense of your own self-worth already

My advice: stop hanging around with people who like coke because they are probably twats.

ast3r3x
2004-07-06, 04:38
I haven't tried it yet, and my friends don't do it. I don't have a large disposable income because I'm saving for a car. I just wanted to try it because it always sounded fun.

alcimedes
2004-07-06, 08:21
i've heard connecting a car battery to my nipples with jumper cables would be fun. think i'll give it a shot. :p

dmz
2004-07-06, 08:42
The problems with coke is simple: it's not satisfying, you have to boost yourself every 15-30 minutes or so, and quite frankly you never get where you want to be.

Let me be clear, your body is a gift from God Himself you have NO RIGHT to "joyride" your nervous system. I don't do drugs (anymore).

There ARE drugs like amphetimines, and mescaline that are much more satisfying, [READ; addictive (well maybe not mescaline)] but the point with all illegal drugs, and even alcohol to some extent, is that IT IS HARD TO CONTROL THE UNCONTROLABLE.

Discretion is the better part of valor. Like Ewan McGregor said at the end of Trainspotting: choose life.

Barto
2004-07-06, 08:58
Let me be clear, your body is a gift from God Himself you have NO RIGHT to "joyride" your nervous system.

Hey dmz, that argument is only going to hold up with fundies like yourself that would never use/abuse drugs anyway.

Barto

Idris
2004-07-06, 09:01
oh no he bought god into this

Oooooh-kay.

I hope you don't drink coffee, dmz, because that jumpstart will mightily piss off Our Lord, no? There's caffeine in Coca-Cola, too, I should point out, so best steer clear of that. And in tea.

Oh SHIT! And in chocolate! Now I know I'm hellbound.

alcimedes
2004-07-06, 09:04
let's not start ripping on people for their religious beliefs. or if you have a problem with it bring it via pm's.

this is what works for him/her, let it go.

it's a large nation.

Idris
2004-07-06, 09:11
Fair enough.

billybobsky
2004-07-06, 09:26
yay idris...

ast3r3x
2004-07-06, 09:28
I think Idris brings up a good point though...who is to say what is bad and what isn't?

Idris
2004-07-06, 09:38
...is coca leaf tea OK by God?

Serious question.

billybobsky
2004-07-06, 09:45
Only you my son can determine what is good and what is bad. The consequences of that decision are only factors that go into that determination.

As Raskolnikov in Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment suggests: merely asking if you should do cocaine means that you don't believe (in your heart of hearts) that you should. You would simply do it if you believed you should. It is an interesting idea and it works out well if you look over your life's decision.

billybobsky
2004-07-06, 09:47
...is coca leaf tea OK by God?

Serious question.

God made the coca plant for the animals of the earth to consume, so yes, logically coca leaf tea is perfectly reasonable (although it probably tastes like ass)...

But this begs the question: why are we even giving props to the assumptions that go behind the line "god made the coca plant"?

Which by inclusion in my first statement forces it to read: Who the fuck cares what some mythical human created deity thinks about coca leaf tea?

ast3r3x
2004-07-06, 10:04
Only you my son can determine what is good and what is bad. The consequences of that decision are only factors that go into that determination.

As Raskolnikov in Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment suggests: merely asking if you should do cocaine means that you don't believe (in your heart of hearts) that you should. You would simply do it if you believed you should. It is an interesting idea and it works out well if you look over your life's decision.

I'd ask before I buy a car, or go sky diving. I'd ask before I do a lot of stuff I wouldn't consider bad. It's not that I think coke is bad, but it's a big step I believe from other things that requires a solid mental condition. I think I can handle it perfectly, but probably everyone thinks that.

billybobsky
2004-07-06, 10:39
i am not suggesting that your beliefs are rigid (nor should they be), but how much influence do you really want from a bunch of virtual twits (and i mean that in the nicest way guys -- myself included in that description)?

ast3r3x
2004-07-06, 11:44
Well if it makes you feel better, I am only really paying attention to some of the people. It the intelligent ones that I'm listening to. Like I said, I wasn't looking for a "yes go ahead" or "no, it's bad" but more information about experience and things to be aware of that I didn't read about. Or earlier, some very moving story or personal experience that would change my mind.

I say I don't have an addictive personality...but I'm very addicted to food. I mean I'll eat when I'm not hungry, just because it tastes good. That is probably the only thing I'm addicted to...that and heroin ;) JUST KIDDING!

And putting cortizone on bug bites.

thuh Freak
2004-07-06, 12:00
it's probably worth mentioning that coke made robin williams funny, and lack of coke diminished his humor.

Windswept
2004-07-06, 12:08
I say I don't have an addictive personality...but I'm very addicted to food. I mean I'll eat when I'm not hungry, just because it tastes good. That is probably the only thing I'm addicted to.
Uh...HELLOooo...!!! I think an addiction to food is a REALLY good indication that you might have a susceptibility to addiction to anything that gives you pleasure. You are using food for comfort. If cocaine becomes a source of 'feel good' for you, you'll be in big trouble. Just my opinion, as one who suspects I have a highly addictive personality too.

And I agree with billybobsky. The very idea of having to ask about something shows a degree of doubt that is significant.

I tried coca leaf tea in a little cafe in La Paz, Bolivia. It's called mate' - with an accent mark over the 'e'. Maybe one cup wasn't enough, because I don't remember feeling anything special. :(

ast3r3x
2004-07-06, 12:24
Uh...HELLOooo...!!! I think an addiction to food is a REALLY good indication that you might have a susceptibility to addiction to anything that gives you pleasure. You are using food for comfort. If cocaine becomes a source of 'feel good' for you, you'll be in big trouble. Just my opinion, as one who suspects I have a highly addictive personality too.

And I agree with billybobsky. The very idea of having to ask about something shows a degree of doubt that is significant.

I tried coca leaf tea in a little cafe in La Paz, Bolivia. It's called mate' - with an accent mark over the 'e'. Maybe one cup wasn't enough, because I don't remember feeling anything special. :(

It's not very powerful before it's extracted. People can suck on the leaves all day and not die, just get a real mild high from what I'm told.

Powerdoc
2004-07-06, 12:58
Powerdoc...you professional opinion, but off the record: Would you say there is no way in hell that I should even try it? Even in moderation if I like it...would you advise against even casual usage? I don't expect you to promote it, but I'm asking you as a friend would, not a patient who you have to keep a certain status quo with.

Well my opinion is based upon a very good TV emission, who dealed with various addictions : alcohool, cocaine, tobacco ...

For cocaine, they show a study where a PET scan was used. The Pet scan demonstrated that cocaine stimulated the brain centers of pleasure. People have the same type of stimulation, than the one they get when they see pleasants things. At the light of this discovery, the scientists of this institute, build a therapy based upon comportementalism.

This scientis explained, that some people are very addictive, and others not. If people are addicted they are addicted for the whole life. She said that, for the people concerned the addiction is very fast. I don't remember if she said that you can predict who will be affected or not, but if my memory is correct, she said nothing about this.

My personal advice, and not a professional one (because I don't deal with drugs, cause I am a surgeon), is that personally if I try drug, I will not try Cocaine and especially coke (who produce a very fast effect). I am not an addictive person, don't take drugs, don't drink too much, don't smoke ... but I don't know how my brain will react with that kind of stuff.
In that matter, I don't want to play with dices.

iBrowse
2004-07-06, 14:54
In my previous post I mainly only mentioned the cost factor over the toll it can take on you and your social life/relationships because other people had already mentioned that, and when somebody gets too far into it (I'm using this example from personal experience) things like friendships and their health aren't as easy to see deteriorate as their bank account. I didn't pay much attention to the fact that I hadn't slept in my own bed in 3 weeks, or had a normal sleep schedule for about that long either. But after a while me and a friend started talking about how it had been getting out of and, and it took a while to fix that. After about two failed weeks of trying to just stay away from certain people/places I started putting the ATM receipts from when I'd take out money for it in a different part of my wallet. After another failed week or so of trying to stay away, although I did better than the previous two weeks, I added up those numbers; $150 in 7 days, and all I got was a sinus infection. I ended up having to go to a good friend of mine and telling her about all of it (we had been hiding it from about 90% of our other friends), she got so mad that it got to the point where if my car was seen up at a certain house it would be implied that I had gotten back into it, and I would lose a good friend. That's what it took to get out of it, I had to set myself up to have one of my best friendships held hostage. I don't want to be any kind of anti-drug commercial or anything, I ended up doing some last weekend, but it is one of the most dangerous things I have seen.

dmz
2004-07-06, 19:39
Hey dmz, that argument is only going to hold up with fundies like yourself that would never use/abuse drugs anyway.

Barto

God or no God---if you don't get the facts, the facts will get you. There is a coincidence of real consequenses/morality in the choice to joyride your nervous system.

As for caffeine, coca leaves, and the rest, you will have to look at your own motives. I can tell you from experience that drinking a double americano or knocking back a couple of pints is not done for the same reasons as shooting up an 1/8 gram of coke. I'm not going to tell you that you WILL end up in rehab, if you try a line in the bathroom the next time you're offered one---but you DO NOT KNOW where your choices will lead you because once you choose to do the coke you have in a significant degree ceeded your own will to the drug, and it will, depending on the degree in which you indulge, MAKE DECISIONS FOR YOU.

And finally, in the end you don't do the dope, the dope does you. The first time you find yourself dopefucked at work praying for the end of the day so can go to sleep, you will understand.

(This is why they call it getting FUCKED UP)

:|

ast3r3x
2004-07-06, 19:43
Ok...

I was mowing for these people like I always do, and their son is staying at their house while they are in france for a month. He has been a long time friend of both my brothers. I have heard he has had it before, so I "discreetly" (of course not really) asked him what he thought about it. He was you know indirect in saying what he thought, and we went on until he was positive what I wanted.

Well we went inside and he showed me what he had and set forth prices. He isn't like shady big coke dealer and what not. He is in school for business law after switching from chemistry. He had me rub a little on my gums to get the numb feeling. He made me my first line, and I did to the red line and went out to mow. Well I guess it was all in my nose because I sucked in hard while mowing and felt it just drop into my throat until I swallowed.

My throat went REAL numb, and I couldn't tell if I couldn't swallow or if I just couldn't feel it. I finished mowing and went inside and got a drink to see which it was. Well I could swallow, but I couldn't fell a damn thing, and my gums and teeth were real numb by this point. (It FELT like my throat was closing, so it was f'n scary, but I could breath fine, it was just numb)

This was like 20-30 min after I did the first part. I didn't feel anything, so I told him, and he had me finish my first line. We waited 5 min, and I still didn't feel anything. He said it was stupid for me to purchase some if I didn't know what it felt like, so he made me my 2nd line. I did that...about half in each nostril, and left.

http://mobocracy.no-ip.com/pictures/coke.png
(this looks right size on a 15" AluBook 1280x854)

Well it's been half an hour, and besides some more numbing as it drips down my throat (which tastes bitter like crushed up cheap asprin...or if you ever had allergy nasal spray drip down the back of your throat). I haven't felt anything, and haven't noticed an increase in heart beat or anything. I definitely snorted it, because I made sure it was in my nose every time I stopped to switch nostrils...I could see it in my nose, in the mirror.

Well, I didn't, and don't feel anything. I did what would have been like 1/5 of a 50 bag! What the hell is up with that? I mean he gave me the 2nd line to feel it because I didn't the first. I did the same stuff he did, and he felt it. It was white (not like off white like it was cut with something bad), and it was pretty solid to begin with till he chopped it up, which he said the slightly glistening flakes was a good purity sign, along with the fact that it stuck together pretty well.

Is it possible for me to have that that much wouldn't do anything to me? I don't know what to say, he bring up a good point that it's crazy to buy it if I don't know how it feels. I'm very put down that nothing happened, but happy I didn't buy it. I expected a brief feeling of euphoria (don't plan on freebasing) but it didn't turn out like I expected :\

I guess my nose is a little numb still, and the bad drip taste has stopped...but the 2nd time at least it didn't go down my throat like the first time.

Can't get addicted to something that doesn't effect you.

iBrowse
2004-07-06, 19:53
... {snip} ...The first time you find yourself dopefucked at work praying for the end of the day so can go to sleep, you will understand.

I never understood it really, never thought it was that easy to get to that point. I had gone to work horribly hungover before. I had gone to work after staying up all night doing homework or writing code. But working a 10 hour shift after staying up all night doing cocaine (the whole time wishing you could just go to bed and never touch that stuff again) and then getting out of work and immediately calling your hook-up and heading over to your friend's house with some video games and a 30 pack really gets you to the point of wishing you had better judgment.

* I missed your post while I was taking my time to post, from the sounds of how you described it it sounds like was decent, and from the size of your second line I can't imagine you wouldn't have felt it. That's odd.

dmz
2004-07-06, 20:12
Ok...
Is it possible for me to have that that much wouldn't do anything to me? I don't know what to say, he bring up a good point that it's crazy to buy it if I don't know how it feels. I'm very put down that nothing happened, but happy I didn't buy it. I expected a brief feeling of euphoria (don't plan on freebasing) but it didn't turn out like I expected :\

I guess my nose is a little numb still, and the bad drip taste has stopped...but the 2nd time at least it didn't go down my throat like the first time.

Can't get addicted to something that doesn't effect you.

watch out for procaine and lidocaine in the coke---you DO NOT want to fool with anyone cutting their dope.

procaine [I think it's that one---somebody help me here]will give you heart palpitations

ast3r3x
2004-07-06, 20:20
* I missed your post while I was taking my time to post, from the sounds of how you described it it sounds like was decent, and from the size of your second line I can't imagine you wouldn't have felt it. That's odd.

I thought so too, and I mean...he thought it was odd as well, I didn't talk to him since I did the 2nd line though. I mean he made it sound good quality, and he seemed to enjoy himself. It's not possible I just didn't know what to look for is it? I mean doing that much should be a definite noticeable feeling right?

LoCash
2004-07-06, 20:22
He probably should have warned you about the drip and given you a glass of water. Whenever I'm shoving shit into my nose I keep something to drink handy. Don't expect a euphoric effect with coke. If you want euphoria, there are better drugs for that. If you can get some relatively pure MDMA you'll probably fall in love with it :)

You may have built up your expectations for your cocaine experience too much, and you may have just been really expecting more. I don't know how much was in a fifty dollar bag he had, but the two lines you describe I usually do in one line, and I'm good for a few. The numbing and energy is what people tend to like about it.

But again, it depends on the high you want. If you want euphoria, go buy some ecstasy. If you go choose to seek out some e, find out what pill the person is selling and look it up online before you buy it. Ecastasy Data (http://www.ecstasydata.org) and Pill Reports (http://www.pillreports.com/) are your friend. See if lab data exists for the pill and read what other people on pill reports say about it. Try and find a pill that is MDMA and not MDA. It's like a six hour orgasm :)

dmz
2004-07-06, 20:28
No offense, but if your dealer is enjoying himself and you're not, you've been had. [he has baically given you topical anesthetic]

Your first line of the stuff should be something of an epiphany.

thuh Freak
2004-07-06, 20:45
No offense, but if your dealer is enjoying himself and you're not, you've been had.
i was thinking just the opposite. ast3r3x, you've found yourself a patsy. i suggest "mowing his lawn" with some frequency. [i'm a terrible person. and i'm going to hell] kick a little back at your boys at the A-N. free coke is better than any pay-high you can find. 'ventually it will work. wysh i had a dealer like that back then.

as for diagnosing the anti-high... well, yea the numbness is common. part of the fun. but thats not all. generally you try to inhale it passed the larynx. i suspect the juice wasn't getting fully inhalated. a thin straw, or tightly wound greenback, might help. mind you a large percentage (majority perhaps) of american bills have trace amounts of the sweetness on them. the way i tend to do it, as i'm often pullin lines in dirty bathrooms, is separate my index and thumb fingers, shake a little in that lil flap of skin, then sniff. if you get a fair amount into ya, you'll have loads of extra energy, and when you get real deep you're king of the world. think: scarface.

ast3r3x
2004-07-06, 21:38
He did give me water...well I grabbed some when I came in from mowing to make sure I could still swallow and my throat wasn't closing haha. I took another before I left, because I needed it to deal with the drip.

No offense, but if your dealer is enjoying himself and you're not, you've been had. [he has baically given you topical anesthetic]

Your first line of the stuff should be something of an epiphany.

First I know him, and he wouldn't be like that. Second, it was free, and he gave me more because I told him I didn't feel anything, so it wasn't like he "had me". He wanted me to have more because he probably knows I'd be more likely to buy it if I experienced it. Makes sense doesn't it?

---

I just didn't feel like it was in me. I felt it in my nose, and kept breathing in to try and get it back farther, but I mean I didn't rub or wipe my nose that it would have disappeared into a tissue or something. I did taste the drip every time I swallowed...possibly it was just going down my throat? It wasn't like my first line that I felt it go down my throat and my throat go numb.

I just feel that I should have felt something...I was expecting a rush. I guess I should have gotten that though, I mean my gums went numb real quick like it was supposed to :\

It's not wanting a better high that leads people to harder drugs, it's not getting a high that does it. I'm pissed, I was excited and it turned out to be nothing. THAT makes me want to try other stuff. Even if I did end up swallowing it, wouldn't I still feel it as it gets into my blood stream? I mean it shouldn't be as much of a rush, but shouldn't I have still felt it?

--

I'm surprised Brad isn't in this thread...he did enough blow to need a new nose ;)

dmz
2004-07-06, 23:45
First I know him, and he wouldn't be like that.

......I just didn't feel like it was in me.

I didn't mean to make it sound like your dealer was screwing you (although that's how it happens most often.) He has bought cut dope, which IME is almost always cut with something along the lines of Procaine, a topical anesthetic.

You get the nummy but no rush. It's a trademark of getting 'stepped on' product.

Believe me, "good" coke will hit you like a hammer---you will NOT have to wonder if it is doing its thing. Depending on how the dope got down to you through the food chain, there are plenty of people who are COMPLETLY STRUNG OUT buying OZs of the stuff in order to finance their high---remember rats will eat this shit until they kill themselves---there is no telling how "professional" your dealer's connection is.

Take it as a sign from the man upstairs, you got out without getting dirty.

[You should asked youself why you think you need to escape reality at that intensity.] You are stepping into a dangerous place.

alcimedes
2004-07-07, 00:10
remember rats will eat this shit until they kill themselves

you have a link to that study? i had a close friend who worked on this exact subject in college, and that wasn't what they found.

ast3r3x
2004-07-07, 04:51
I'm just saying...he does coke, so he should know if something is bad or not. He has no reason to lie to me. He went into how it's harder to get stuff not stepped on as much because we are farther away from the city. He was saying how he still has some good stuff. He said since it clumped together well that it wasn't cut very much. Like I said, he also was saying, it's a good sign if when you break it up, and it's in flakes that they glisten kinda. He did it and seemed to enjoy himself a decent amount.

Oh well...an uneventful end to this thread I guess :)

Guess we'll have to wait till my next 'xxxx...should I?' thread ;)

Idris
2004-07-07, 06:07
Bloody hell, ast3r3x, line no. 2 is a MONSTER. Are you sure all that went into your poor face? :)

Oh, and Carol, maté is not the same as coca leaf tea. Maté's tasty, refreshing stuff but I don't think it contains anything more 'serious' than caffeine, or something caffeine-like. I went through a phase of drinking it all the time - you can get it in specialist tea shops here in London. I tried coca leaf tea too, and that's great, although it's illegal to import into the EU which I think is pretty dumb. A very subtle, gentle buzz, kinda like a cup of coffee without the jitters and flutters.

Made me smile a lot.

ast3r3x
2004-07-07, 06:18
Bloody hell, ast3r3x, line no. 2 is a MONSTER. Are you sure all that went into your poor face? :)

I felt it...and saw it go in! Is it possible it just built up in the back of my nose and dripped down so it went into my stomach instead of my blood? It would have still gotten into my blood wouldn't it have? I wanted a rush, I got numbness in my throat, nose, and mouth (from rubbing it on my gums in my mouth). Maybe I'll buy some when I get my wisdom teeth taken out.

Idris
2004-07-07, 07:26
Nah.

It's a pretty common thing, I think, that the first time you try anything you won't appreciate it to its fullest (serious pyschotropics aside.) You sort of have to learn where to find the sensation a bit, I think.

Having said that, one would have thought that a line of that monstrous size should have got you tapping your foot a bit.

Oh, by the way: drugs are bad, mmkay?

ast3r3x
2004-07-07, 07:40
Nah.

It's a pretty common thing, I think, that the first time you try anything you won't appreciate it to its fullest (serious pyschotropics aside.) You sort of have to learn where to find the sensation a bit, I think.

Having said that, one would have thought that a line of that monstrous size should have got you tapping your foot a bit.

Oh, by the way: drugs are bad, mmkay?

I wouldn't know, never tried them and never will.

I got more of a rush talking to one of my friends about it then I did from using it. I'd try it again to see if it would do anything, but I can't see myself buying something that didn't do anything. So that line should have been big enough to get me a little excited huh?

Windswept
2004-07-07, 07:54
Oh, and Carol, maté is not the same as coca leaf tea. Maté's tasty, refreshing stuff but I don't think it contains anything more 'serious' than caffeine, or something caffeine-like. I went through a phase of drinking it all the time - you can get it in specialist tea shops here in London. I tried coca leaf tea too, and that's great, although it's illegal to import into the EU which I think is pretty dumb. A very subtle, gentle buzz, kinda like a cup of coffee without the jitters and flutters.

Made me smile a lot.
Well, I guess something got lost in translation then, because I was pretty sure the waiter explained that the tea I ordered was from coca leaf. But if you say it's not, then I'll believe you, because the cup I drank wasn't impressive enough to order a second. My Spanish is actually pretty good though, so maybe he was just having me on.

dmz
2004-07-07, 08:57
you have a link to that study? i had a close friend who worked on this exact subject in college, and that wasn't what they found.

nothing that I can find.......one off-hand reference to monkeys self-administering until they died but that's about it.

let's scratch my previous statment, and insert this more scientific one:

"remember, humans will use this shit until they loose their homes, their families or even kill themsleves through overdose"

Idris
2004-07-07, 09:03
So that line should have been big enough to get me a little excited huh?

No, that line was big enough to give a bull elephant a sore jaw.

A whopper.

_Ω_
2004-07-07, 09:29
Why do I get this from LS:

"Safari wants to connect to 24-229-74-113.cmts.eph.ptd.net on TCP port 2222 (rockwell-csp2)"

when in this thread?

EDIT: Ascertained it is the link to the image - just the paranoid coming through in me. Go back to your usual business (whatever that might be :p )

Barto
2004-07-07, 09:46
let's scratch my previous statment, and insert this more scientific one:

"remember, humans will use this shit until they loose their homes, their families or even kill themsleves through overdose"

More scientific? Mm-kay...

Barto

billybobsky
2004-07-07, 09:54
idris check your pms if you haven't...

psmith2.0
2004-07-07, 10:36
It's like a six hour orgasm :)

Oh REALLY? Shouldn't have said that, brother man... :D

I...can't...even...imagine. (we need a droopy-eyed smiley with goofy, wobbly grin on his face for moments like this).

:lol:

ast3r3x
2004-07-07, 11:30
Oh REALLY? Shouldn't have said that, brother man... :D

I...can't...even...imagine. (we need a droopy-eyed smiley with goofy, wobbly grin on his face for moments like this).

:lol:

Damnit! Somebody tell me why it wasn't anything like that for MEEEeeeee?

Stroszek
2004-07-07, 11:56
A former boyfriend of mine used coke. He would wake up at 5pm, go to work a 6, get off of work at 11ish, and go out drinking and coking. Many times he never came home. I found out later that many times he couldn't start his car and instead passed out behind a building near his bar of choice.

That's no way to have a relationship, and is one of the reasons that he is a "former" boyfriend. It's also one of the reasons he has many "former" friends. Hurting the people that care about you is no way to live your life.

I would say to stay away from the stuff, but it's your life. But please, whatever you do, do it carefully. And if you need help, get it before you run off everyone in your life.

dviant
2004-07-07, 13:59
Coke is overrated. It's an expensive, addictive and short-lived high. Woohoo my gums are numb and I talk a lot!!!

Regular use makes you poor, emotionally unstable and generally an annoying human to be around. Far more dangerous than say weed, not only because it's easier to overdose, but also because the cokeheads you have to buy it from are the emotionally unstable annoying humans I mention above. Also a much bigger deal if you get busted with it.

Do something better with your time and money. Buy an iPod or something.

thuh Freak
2004-07-07, 14:30
...Far more dangerous than say weed, not only because it's easier to overdose...
probably b/c the closest thing to an "overdose" on weed is a long, deep sleep. its not physically possible to od on weed. ;) /me falls into a deep, relaxing sleep...

Idris
2004-07-07, 15:12
A former boyfriend of mine used coke. He would wake up at 5pm, go to work a 6, get off of work at 11ish, and go out drinking and coking. Many times he never came home. I found out later that many times he couldn't start his car and instead passed out behind a building near his bar of choice.

That's no way to have a relationship, and is one of the reasons that he is a "former" boyfriend. It's also one of the reasons he has many "former" friends. Hurting the people that care about you is no way to live your life.

An excellent point. Coke is very bad for relationships. Here I speak from experience.

My last two girlfriends have both been very partial to cocaine. (Strangely they both teach yoga, too. I'm scared when I think about this.) Anyway. After a weekend of shovelling stuff into your face you will be irascible, argumentative and unreasonable come Wednesday. That's the way it goes. Cocaine is notorious for destroying relationships (for many other reasons too) and you don't have to have 'a problem' or 'be addicted' for this to happen; you only need to take it once a weekend for a spell to make life hell for those who love you.

I take this as an example, one of many, but it's as true as saying 'the imminent onset of menstruation might make a woman somewhat unreasonable.'

Also I do not like seeing my girlfriends disappearing off to the toilets with men I do not know, at best, or men I do not trust, at worst. Would anyone.

My next girlfriend / the woman I will marry, I swear, will read books, listen to music from Mali and will not touch coke. Unless it's a special occasion, like we're on holiday, or I just got out of jail, or something.

Idris
2004-07-07, 15:34
By the way, I'd be a sanctimonious arsehole if I didn't own up to the fact that last night I had two lines of coke in the basement bar of an excellent Spanish restaurant. I'm disappointed in myself, I've had no brain all day (drank a lot of wine too, maybe this has something to do with it too). I also had quite a good time. I'm still solvent, I haven't emailed my parents for a loan, I'm not in prison.

I did, however, behave like something of an arse, I expect, and lost some claim for being a spiritually-inclined, mellow sort of fellow.

What weird stuff cocaine is.

kraig911
2004-07-07, 17:03
Just please be careful not to overdue it, and to get it through a friend. I'm now personally against a lot of hardcore drugs, but like everyone else I had to come to this conclusion myself. I couldn't be just "told" that it was bad.

I went to art school, and had (and still have) some friends who's lifes' are directly affected by their drug addiction, mainly heroine. One of my best friends has so far spend 3 years off and on going through rehab for his addiction, he's doing better now, mainly cuz our friend (his best friend) died in a car crash attributed to him being high. Coke pretty much doesn't affect me, but I guess its because I used to work out in high shool with mini-thins and steroids and study while taking huge amounts of ritulin.

That being said what I did was real stupid just a few years ago, some things being much worse, if I could only say I wish I wasn't myself for some of things I've done, erm still do sometimes. The sad fact is that all of us can't really blame the drugs but ourselves. Just always in whatever you do that gives you a thrill I'd say in life is to doublecheck yourself and make sure you're in control.

billybobsky
2004-07-07, 17:57
and this is why art schools are dens of fornication and decrepitude... ;)

psmith2.0
2004-07-07, 18:27
I hate to sound like "Up with People" or a big, walking cliché...but there is SO much out there, capable of bringing joy. A less-fleeting, less expensive, less shady kind of joy. Not any one particular thing, just different for different people, without resorting to fake, artificial things to get you there. It's hollow. Absolutely fucking unreal and hollow. A shell, a fleeting, false shell that isn't there when you really need it.

Everyone's got their thing, cool. But I just don't like the idea of tying some of my best moments and feelings to something I have to seek out, buy, maintain, be careful with, go around less-than-savory characters to acquire more, always worry about being pulled over for speeding and forgetting you had that little bit in your jacket (you think a cop is going to give a damn that you only do it "occasionally...no big deal"?), etc.

:confused:

I say, in all sincerity, WTF?!? No thanks. No kinda of life, and there's been more people here who've done it and said negative things about it than those who haven't. LoCash is a special breed...

:p ;)

So many little things: Is it clean/pure, can I trust it and the person I got it from? Can I afford it anytime I want to feel that way? Did some asshole mix something in with it? Can I stomach the possibility of getting popped with it and going to jail and getting anally probed - involuntarily, no less - for 12-18 months? What about drug testing and any future, cool job that might come my way that I'd have to decline? What if I cross some low-rent, hardcore dealer in some way...am I in physical danger now, having to be worried about an ass-beating, or worse? And on and on...). I don't need that much drama...

:rolleyes:

Spells out, to me, in big, honkin' neon red 72-pt. type: "AIN'T WORTH IT, CHUCKLEHEAD".

It's not a matter of being a prude. I'm just not attracted to all those "what if's" that seem to naturally go along with it. Seems to zero out any fleeting high, IMO...

ast3r3x
2004-07-07, 19:00
So many little things: Is it clean/pure, can I trust it and the person I got it from? Can I afford it anytime I want to feel that way? Did some asshole mix something in with it? Can I stomach the possibility of getting popped with it and going to jail and getting anally probed - involuntarily, no less - for 12-18 months? What about drug testing and any future, cool job that might come my way that I'd have to decline? What if I cross some low-rent, hardcore dealer in some way...am I in physical danger now, having to be worried about an ass-beating, or worse? And on and on...). I don't need that much drama...

Oh come on...the only real problem with it would be getting caught. I am getting it from someone I can trust. I don't have to worry about if I can afford it because one I can, and two, I don't need to do it to enjoy myself...maybe to get that feeling yeah, but not enjoy myself. Getting in legal trouble is a problem for any drug at my age. 72 hours and it's out of your system...hair tests takes like 90 days or something I think. Not sure where you are from, but I am not having to worry about "low-rent hardcore dealers" ;) Physical danger? I know how to use it responsibly. You don't really have any good arguments...at least not that apply to my life, other, yeah I can see how it applies to many people though.

I am saying that in general for anything I'd try, not just coke, even alcohol and pot...I mean hell coke didn't do anything for me, why would I even buy any more?

dviant
2004-07-07, 19:17
probably b/c the closest thing to an "overdose" on weed is a long, deep sleep. its not physically possible to od on weed. ;) /me falls into a deep, relaxing sleep...Hehe. I concur. Maybe weed was a bad comparison. :smokey:

Though I did have a friend who'd pass out involuntarily from time to time from smoking. Usually only with really good stuff. Puff puff, he'd turn pale and blam! Out like a light. Very odd, nothing consistent or repeatable.

thuh Freak
2004-07-07, 19:22
perhaps i'm too trusting in the great "immutable" laws of capitalism, but its in the dealers' interest not to fuck with the buyer. the buyer has money. the dealer wants that money. so, the dealer pushes some piddle. if it is laced with anthrax or black death or whatever, the dealer loses a customer. if the dealer is an asshole, he loses a customer. "the customer is number one" and all that.

as for my own coke experience, its been a lot less strong at any point or in any demonstrable sense than the toll of my apple lust over the years. i don't know how many thousands of dollars i've spent feeding that monkey. but seriously, the real danger with this wonderful affliction is for those who are addicts, or have addictive personalities. or worse yet, those who don't realize they have addictive personalities. but there's only one way to find out. :devil:

psmith2.0
2004-07-07, 20:26
Oh come on...the only real problem with it would be getting caught.

Oh, okay. I suppose that's just a breezy walk in the park? When you get a moment, write to let us all know how the weekly forced buttfuckings and salad tossings are going? We'd all love to hear... :rolleyes:

MOST people, dipshit, would consider "getting caught" a fairly high-ranking concern. But then again, some people seem to take to jail just fine...you might be like a rabbit in a briar patch for all I know. ast3r3x...cell-block kingpin, and all around bad-ass MF. Probably have your own theme song too? :lol:

Even if you didn't go to jail, you cool with the fines? Court dates? The record? The pain-in-the-butt "community service" you might get? The probation?

What part of "getting caught", exactly, would you be totally okay with and wouldn't be bothered by?

I am getting it from someone I can trust.

That's great. I suppose things never change. People don't move, give up stuff, change priorities, etc. You lawn mower buddy is there, by your side, for ever and ever, thick and thin? Cool...most of us can't even find that in a girlfriend! You're already ahead of the game, slick.

Another thing - just popped up - to consider. This buddy...if HE ever got popped or wound up in trouble somehow...he'd never implicate others, in any way, no matter how small, to ease the burden on himself? People don't give up names, addresses, give up buddies, customers, acquaintances, etc. when their own nuts are in a vice?

I don't have to worry about if I can afford it because one I can, and two, I don't need to do it to enjoy myself...maybe to get that feeling yeah, but not enjoy myself. Getting in legal trouble is a problem for any drug at my age. 72 hours and it's out of your system...hair tests takes like 90 days or something I think.

Glad you're making the coin, professor. You've got it all hammered down, it seems. Lots can happen in 90 days, however.

Not sure where you are from, but I am not having to worry about "low-rent hardcore dealers" ;)

Where I'm from doesn't matter, does it? We're not talking about me. What if your Snapper buddy was gone, moved away for work, or what if he sent you to someone else because he was low...or any number of things? Most of us can't get through life without encountering a few unsavory characters, even when we're doing nothing that invites it. You'd be on the edge of a wider, deeper circle you probably don't know a fucking thing about. You think everyone involved in this is a good egg like your buddy, a yuppie-in-training, dabbling in it for kicks? Your arrogance toward well-meaning things to consider is kinda disheartening, I'll say. Most people would go "yeah, that's something to think about, actually...". But you? A goddamn man of steel, with all the answers.

Physical danger? I know how to use it responsibly.

You idiot, you JUST used it for the first time. What can you possibly know about anything? I'd accept that comment from LoCash, maybe. But you? Give me a break...you didn't even know what it was you were experiencing, so you don't know anything about "using it responsibly". You have any idea how many people have probably said those same words? Someone wanna help me here, I'm getting a headache...

You don't really have any good arguments...at least not that apply to my life, other, yeah I can see how it applies to many people though.

Well, forgive me for drawing a breath. I figured those were all fairly realistic, "could happen to anyone" things to consider. You seem so above it all, oddly. Are you young and rich? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and take a stab... ;)

I am saying that in general for anything I'd try, not just coke, even alcohol and pot...I mean hell coke didn't do anything for me, why would I even buy any more?

Truthfully? I just assumed your Superman complex would lead you to continue at it, until you felt like you "did it right". The impression I got, particularly from this thread. Sorry if I misjudged. :\

Someone probably thinks about my "arguments" (since they weren't really far-out or unheard of). I'm not going to argue, but you seem to have it all ironed out and under control. That's good. I worry about the glib, arrogant "haven't really thought all this through" tinge to some of the things you say, but I've said all I care to really.

Good luck. I'd hate to think anything didn't go as smooth as you've got it laid out...because, as you know, things ALWAYS goes just how we planned/expected.

"Cocaine...should I?".

I think, at this point, you must. And lots of it. I'll send a check... :lol:

As for the "capitalism" stuff mentioned above, does it have to be a "dealer" who puts something in it? The whole circle of people surrounding this - every last person - are all benevolent, good-hearted individuals, completely above-board and totally incapable of engaging in anything cruel or shady?

:confused:

You're totally right...a "dealer" might not mess with his stuff and his customers. But is he the ONLY person that might come in contact with it, ever? He grows it? Processes it? Tests it? Packs it? Hand delivers with a "satisfaction guaranteed" sticker attached and a toll-free customer service line? Nothing bad like this has ever happened to someone, in the entire history of doing drugs? Nothings ever been tainted, accidentally or on purpose?

"Yeah, but it's not like it happens all the time...".

:err:

How many times, past the one, would you want to find out? Or COULD find out (can't give it another go if you're dead or otherwise fucked-up beyond comprehension).

Ooh...headache. It's what I get for caring... :lol:

billybobsky
2004-07-07, 22:36
i wasn't going to say that much... but yeah, ast3r3x you are way too defensive over some petty drug use...

LoCash
2004-07-08, 00:18
Ok, this thread is done, and I think we all know why.