PDA

View Full Version : Free iPod Mini w/ Powerbook -- Right After My Purchase!

greenhybrid
2005-07-10, 15:32
I purchased my "education" Powerbook in early June. Just weeks later, Apple anounced they were giving iPod Minis free with the purchase (or $179? towards an iPod). You think there's any chance Apple will send me one, anyway? Worth a try? I already sent my UPC away for a printer rebate, though... I have a copy.

MCQ
2005-07-10, 15:39
Did you miss the Apple Go Save education promo? $100 off a Mac purchase from May 2 - June 25. If you already used the original UPC on another rebate, you're probably out of luck though.

http://images.apple.com/education/promos/pdf/go_save_coupon.pdf

greenhybrid
2005-07-10, 15:47
Yeah, looks like I did miss it. But, I used the UPC for a printer rebate of about $100. You can really only use these UPC things once? How cheap. Maybe I'll call and see if I could somehow still get that $100 discount. I need to look for my originial purchase date. They drew up a new receipt the second time I went back to the store... that one's dated the 15th.

Brad
2005-07-10, 16:21
Not a chance, I'd bet.

greenhybrid
2005-07-10, 16:33
Oh, well. Too bad. I think they run 5 promotions at once because they know you can only claim one :)

The Return of the 'nut
2005-07-10, 17:00
Not a chance, I'd bet.

no. they are all run through the same location in iowa. you just have to make a note on the rebate of which rebate the UPC was sent in with

I got 100 dollars off and a free printer just fine.

alcimedes
2005-07-10, 17:05
Man, I was so ready to lock this thead until I read it was a *real* free iPod. Nice work. :)

ast3r3x
2005-07-10, 17:16
If you photocopy a UPC and give an explanation why you can't send in the real one they let you do it. At least that is what my friend did when I took their UPC so I could use their iPod edu discount :D

Brad
2005-07-10, 17:22
I got 100 dollars off and a free printer just fine.
I was referring to the question about the free iPod offer in the first post. First, his purchase is outside of the iPod rebate's time frame. Second, if this is like the past 'Book+iPod offers, you have to have the iPod and 'Book purchased on the same receipt.

The Return of the 'nut
2005-07-10, 17:35
I was referring to the question about the free iPod offer in the first post. First, his purchase is outside of the iPod rebate's time frame. Second, if this is like the past 'Book+iPod offers, you have to have the iPod and 'Book purchased on the same receipt.

FAIR ENOUGH :)

greenhybrid
2005-07-10, 17:38
Hey, if this is true perhaps I can get that additional $100 rebate. Would probably have to send it out tomorrow, though. Time to dig around for my original receipt.