PDA

View Full Version : Game Buying Advice

JoshL75
2005-07-12, 00:20
Hello, Im sure I can count on you guys for sound advice. I'm looking to get a new game. I've always been a fan of FPS, not the monster type, Doom, Quake, etc. More of the military type, realistic, but not too heavy on strategy.
I like Medal of Honor and Urban Terror, and am looking for something up to date to run on my new dual 2.7. I've been looking at the Marine game First to Fight, any experience with it?
Thanks guys!
Oh yeah, good online play is a must!

rasmits
2005-07-12, 00:27
Soldier of Fortune II, but I don't know how "up to date" it is. It's a good game though, and there are a lot of people who use the online play.

Franz Josef
2005-07-12, 01:37
Combat Desert Storm I / II and Combat Vietnam are very good on Xbox - I don't game at all on the Mac (I've a rule about it) so I'm not sure if they're released on Mac. Rainbox Six 3 and Splinter Cell good too - 'though a little stealthy for my palette, no RPGs here.

BarracksSi
2005-07-12, 11:18
I've been hearing that First To Fight isn't all that it's cracked up to be, unfortunately. For example, you'd come under attack by snipers, but it's the same three snipers, and they appear in the same windows, in the same order, at the same times as the last time you played the level.

Bummer, too. It had a lot of promise; too bad they didn't plan the AI well enough before rushing it to market.

DaveTheCoat
2005-07-13, 20:11
I take it my new powerbook isn't up to doom 3 then? (1.5ghz, 512MB, GeForce FX Go5200).
Unreal tornament would probably quench my bloodlust, i've played on pc many times and enjoyed, but could you suggest better?

atomicbartbeans
2005-07-13, 20:20
America's Army (http://www.americasarmy.com)

Excellent gameplay and graphics. Rivals that of anything else.

Best of all, it's a free game. :)

Luca
2005-07-13, 20:26
Not really, no. In fact, there really aren't any Macs that are up to playing Doom 3. Even the fastest ones available are pretty slow. If you want to play Doom 3, use something other than a Mac (an XBox or a gaming PC will do well).

But you don't want to play Doom 3. It's a pretty bad game, overall. Sure the graphics are nice and the dynamic shadows are amazing, but overall it's just not much fun.

DMBand0026
2005-07-13, 22:22
Doom 3 scared the living piss out of me, but it got boring after about 10 minutes.

DaveTheCoat
2005-07-14, 04:12
well, that's saved me £35. cheers.