PDA

View Full Version : DNS Issues.

Gargoyle
2004-07-05, 14:19
Hey guys. It seems that www.applenova.com is not resolving. I had the missing images like mentioned in the downtime thread, but I then added the following to /etc/hosts

207.44.242.82 www.applenova.com

and it all works ok now. I know that DNS changes can take a few days, but I thought I would let you know. If you are anything like me then you prolly have your own local DNS entries for developing and testing. :)

DMBand0026
2004-07-05, 14:54
I've got the missing images thing goin on too. It's been happening since this morning, but everything was fine yesterday. Not sure what was up. Everything else seems normal and is working fine, but the boarder images aren't loading.

alcimedes
2004-07-05, 14:56
try reloading your cache and/or emptying the cache files.

Gargoyle
2004-07-05, 16:59
It's not a safari / cache matter. www.applenova.com is not resolving. Try pinging it - it doesn't work.

alcimedes
2004-07-05, 18:13
pings just fine for me.

must be your DNS servers.

trailmaster308
2004-07-05, 18:18
I can finally get on now. There was a problem with some ISP's it seems. I was unable to get on for at least 3 days. Finally working now thank goodness.

Barto
2004-07-06, 01:39
I haven't been able to connect to applenova.com or www.applenova.com for about a week, I gave up yesterday and manually added it to my hosts file.

Barto

LoCash
2004-07-06, 01:43
I'm not really sure why people have been having these problems. I'm looking into it on our end, and it could be that our DNS settings on the server were borked briefly, and allowed to propagate across the net. In some cases, it can take ISPs a while to update their caches. Anyone else having issues, please post which addresses you can and cannot access as well as your ISP and how long it is happening and when/if it was resolved.

Gargoyle
2004-07-08, 00:19
Removed my hosts file entry and it seems ok now. As you said, prolly just a glitch which got propagated - unlucky.

Anyways, from my end we are back to the white logo? I prefer this one - being from the UK the stars and stripes didn't really do it for me. :D

Mac Man 020581
2004-07-08, 12:18
LoCash, this was the exact same issue I was talking with you about a few days ago.

LoCash
2004-07-08, 13:32
LoCash, this was the exact same issue I was talking with you about a few days ago.
We think there was briefly a hiccup on our DNS server, but it was fixed. Unfortunately, as theorised above, that did propagate and this is the result. Everything was fixed shortly after, and the correct changes should be propagating already and your ISPs should be hooking that up by now.

Mac Man 020581
2004-07-08, 14:52
We think there was briefly a hiccup on our DNS server, but it was fixed. Unfortunately, as theorised above, that did propagate and this is the result. Everything was fixed shortly after, and the correct changes should be propagating already and your ISPs should be hooking that up by now.
Yes, everything has been working fine now, it was strange how on some internet connections there was an issue and on others there was not. Meh, glad everything is fixed! :)