PDA

View Full Version : A first: OS X prominently featured on QVC...

psmith2.0
2004-07-05, 20:13
:)

Kinda silly, but I thought I'd alert anyone interested anyway. Was just now flipping around the TV (it's Monday, 9:10EST) and on QVC they're showing Pentax digital cameras, selling them.

I was watching a demo and they were showing how it can record little movies. It hit me that the player was QuickTime, and I just thought "Windows". Then looked up and saw the three traffic lights in the upper left corner.

:)

So they're doing all this stuff (QuickTime, Preview, moving icons around, etc. There's a rep from Pentax there, doing all this).

Anyway, the camera pulls back to show the hosts and there's a white iBook G4 sitting there, plain as day.

Haven't noticed if iPhoto was launched yet...but I think it would be great, especially if the Pentax rep inserted a little "now this is a GREAT little program, only available for Macs, that lets you..." comment. Maybe he will.

:D

That is all. Still on, for anyone geeky enough to give a shit...

LoCash
2004-07-05, 21:34
Why are you sitting at home on a Monday night watching QVC? ;)

Spart
2004-07-06, 00:28
Does it really matter if it's a monday night?

Actually, come to think of it, it's better that it's a monday night during football season. All kinds of cool stuff before Monday Night Football comes on.

drewprops
2004-07-06, 00:31
Maybe he's drawing the September iMacs ;)

psmith2.0
2004-07-06, 08:23
Because I'm not an alcoholic, LoCash? ;)

It's Monday, for crying out loud. I don't exactly make it my night to howl. Does anyone? :confused:

Besides, I've designated Friday and Saturday as my cocaine nights. ;)

And I wasn't "watching QVC". I'd just sat down and was flipping through - as I said - when I saw the little QuickTime window and noticed the three colored traffic lights.

Although, the icons on the desktop were indeed all bunched up on the left side of the screen, a la Windows. So that was kinda amusing. A cute little 12" iBook, chugging away...

Oh, and football sucks. On Monday nights in the fall, I'm on any channel BUT ABC...so there. :p

"Are you ready for some footballllll?" No.