PDA

View Full Version : Safari window zooming

thequicksilver
2004-07-08, 15:05
Odd one here. I'll explain as well I can.

I replaced my 900MHz G3 iBook running Safari 1.2/10.3.3 as soon as the latest iBook G4s came out. Ever since I'd had it, pressing the green 'zoom' widget resized the window from the size it was, to the size required to display the website correctly. In doing this, it kept the window aligned to the left of my screen, the way I like it to be.

However, since I got my new iBook (12", 1.07GHz, 768MB, was 10.3.3 now 10.3.4, and currently running Safari 1.2.2) whenever I press the zoom widget, it moves to this position (http://www.mikeserieys.co.uk/uploads/safarizoomissue.jpg) (click for screenshot):

On clicking the zoom widget again, the window resizes to the correct size. But it's aligned to the right of my screen, which drives me absolutely insane. It's got to the stage where I no longer press zoom, I manually resize it. :mad:

Can anyone offer any advice, short of reformatting, which is the only advice I've received to date?

Thanks in advance. :)

Gargoyle
2004-07-08, 16:26
Hmm, It seems related to the window position. I managed to recreate what you said. When the window is off the screen, move it back in and resize it so its small. Next time you click the zoom button it should stay on the screen.

thequicksilver
2004-07-08, 17:39
Nice one - thanks Gargoyle. :)