PDA

View Full Version : UFOs!

Wrao
2004-05-16, 21:21
Recently my brother, who is quite skeptical of many things, he's the type of guy that doesn't like to use microwaves and such. Recently he's taken a pretty keen interest to UFOs and Extra terrestrial visitors.

With the recent incident in Mexico (http://www.mehrnews.com/wfNewsDetails_en.aspx?NewsID=79060&t=SocialAndOccations)* He has started to not only research that incident, but research other incidents, being sure to look for as many debunks and clear hoaxes as he can.

So, I figured, it'd be a pretty good topic of discussion.

Personally, I know that there is life out there, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it's visited earth, but the biggest skepticism I have is, 1) why come all this way if you're not going to say anything? 2) it's pretty damn easy, especially in this day and age to hoax this stuff and 3) the tin-foil hat brigade is to UFOs as Hippies are to the environment, they mean well I'm sure, but they give the topic a bad rep.

*The video is available on poisoned

HOM
2004-05-16, 21:30
http://homepage.mac.com/hom1/believe.jpg

Akumulator
2004-05-16, 21:34
I saw a UFO once....... it was flying, and I couldn't identify it. :D

Aliens, hmm... I'm not sure. I think there's other life out there, but like you said... if they came here why wouldn't they make an announcement? Maybe the have some Star Trek prime directive or something.

Jesus Christ I'm a nerd. :( I'm talking about UFOs, Aliens and Star Trek on the internet. :D

Wrao
2004-05-16, 21:46
Jesus Christ I'm a nerd. :( I'm talking about UFOs, Aliens and Star Trek on the internet. :D

on a webpage dedicated to discussion of a computer company that just broke off from another webpage dedicated to discussion of said company!

haha, we're bringing nerdom to a whole new level.

mattjohndrow
2004-05-16, 21:55
on a webpage dedicated to discussion of a computer company that just broke off from another webpage dedicated to discussion of said company!

haha, we're bringing nerdom to a whole new level.
nerd or geek? that is the question. i find that being a geek is better. the difference between geeks and nerds is this: geeks get laid.

Wrao
2004-05-16, 21:56
nerd or geek? that is the question. i find that being a geek is better. the difference between geeks and nerds is this: geeks get laid.

Geeks also bite the heads of chickens.

HoTT RoDeR
2004-05-17, 00:26
I saw something in the ski like a helicopter or small plane and it was hovering many miles away. (I could only see the lights as it was night time) I watched it thinking it was a plane flying towards me and I couldn't tell but then after awhile I realized it wasn't moving. Then to my shock it jumped a great distance and then stopped and hovered then repeated the same thing a few times and then disappeared. It was definitely a flying object of some sort and I would guess the distance it jumped almost instantly was atleast a few 100 yards or meters.

kraig911
2004-05-17, 00:32
I saw a UFO once, and seriously I'm not joking, I was in Phoenix, was with a girl in the park, and um she and I were... well lets just say I saw it out of the corner of my eye and I stopped. The thing was far away and looked like a star and it flew around in a Z kind of pattern then sped off like a shooting star behind a cloud and then stopped, the cloud floated past and it was just there, then I blinked and it was gone. On the news the next day other people said they saw it. My friend, (GF at the time) Kim still doesn't believe even tho she saw it too. anyways I can only swear by all this.

-Craig

I'm a geek and i'm proud of my heritage.

HoTT RoDeR
2004-05-17, 01:49
I saw a UFO once, and seriously I'm not joking, I was in Phoenix, was with a girl in the park, and um she and I were... well lets just say I saw it out of the corner of my eye and I stopped. The thing was far away and looked like a star and it flew around in a Z kind of pattern then sped off like a shooting star behind a cloud and then stopped, the cloud floated past and it was just there, then I blinked and it was gone. On the news the next day other people said they saw it. My friend, (GF at the time) Kim still doesn't believe even tho she saw it too. anyways I can only swear by all this.

-Craig

I'm a geek and i'm proud of my heritage.
Sounds similar to my experience posted above.

psmith2.0
2004-05-17, 09:01
When I lived in San Diego (and Orange County too), I used to drive out to the desert A LOT, late at night, to listen to the coyotes and just dig the nighttime desert vibe. It's really beautiful (and the one thing I truly miss, now that I'm back in the South).

I'd sit there and look at the sky for hours, just hoping to see something weird.

:)

It would be so clear and so far away from the lights of any city that you'd just see tons and tons of stars. Talk about feeling really small.

Most I ever saw were shooting stars (lots). But I was so hoping for something green and triangular to come zig-zagging through the sky...I was totally prepared.

:D

Desert night, a 64oz. fizzy Dr. Pepper and Phil Hendrie on the radio...good times.

alcimedes
2004-05-17, 09:43
so it sounds (http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/05/17/mexico.ufos.reut/index.html) like the Mexico deal was ball lightning?

always interesting to see and read about all the various crap that goes on. with everything that people say they understand, it seems there's piles more that people really have no clue about, and that's never talked about.

as for UFO's, i've seen a few weird things here and there, but i have no idea what they were.

BrandonAllan
2004-05-17, 11:01
My girlfriend and I were coming back from Winston-Salem one night. We were on highway 421 and there was some fog. I noticed a bright light in the sky in front of us that we both thought was on top of a cellular tower or something. It slowly faded out until it was completely gone, then faded back. Since lights on antennas blink I thought that's what was happening but as we got closer it didn't fade like that again.

Well it started moving strait up. It was so bright that it was illuminating the clouds above it and it eventually went into the clouds and became very blurred. It just moved strait up, slowly until we passed it. We both considered the possibility that it was a beacon on top of an antenna and that the movement was an optical illusion as we got closer to it.

A few days later I was driving back from Winston again during the day and I looked in the area we had seen it in for any radio towers or antennas. There were none in that area at all. I guess it could have been a helicopter. It's odd that there were no flashing running lights and that it went completely dark for a moment like it did. Also, why hover over the highway like that? I have no idea how high or far away it really was but the way it moved into the clouds made it seem like it was pretty high up. It was quite a sight and I'll always remember it.

Akumulator
2004-05-17, 11:24
so it sounds (http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/05/17/mexico.ufos.reut/index.html) like the Mexico deal was ball lightning?

It may have been ball lightning. But doesn't it seem like those lights were in formation?

ZO
2004-05-18, 09:40
hmmm... and I thought no one noticed my bad piloting skills.

sorry for the confusion y'all... just me drunk at the stick.

Nothing to see, carry on, carry on...