PDA

View Full Version : The tasty beverage thread

_Ω_
2004-07-10, 09:07
What are you drinking now?

I personally have just finished a nice Cape Mentelle Shiraz 2001 and am now drinking G&T's - big bomber Tanq 10's.

Starting to get a bit of a buzz on....

:D

Quagmire
2004-07-10, 09:15
Starbucks tall Frap decaf regular coffee. That will never taste bad.

_Ω_
2004-07-10, 09:18
Starbucks is EVIL! EVIL I tell you!

:lol:

billybobsky
2004-07-10, 09:34
my own saliva.... mmm... chunky...

Moogs
2004-07-10, 10:17
My boss is completely addicted to Starbucks. Me, I'd rather just have some coke if I need to wake up that bad. Coke doesn't make me have to poop right after I drink it, coffee does. Dirupts my natural rhythms.

:)

My favorite tasty drink, is ice cold beer of course. Bass, Burghoff and Kokanee (as Murbot) aren't bad. In the mornings I enjoy a glass of Orange-peach-mango juice from Dole. Good stuff.

_Ω_
2004-07-10, 10:34
For all you girls I am now having Jim Beam small batch. Not my choice of Bourbon, it was free.

:smokey:

_Ω_
2004-07-10, 10:35
...and for those wondering....

straight, no ice.

Moogs
2004-07-10, 10:47
Sick bastard! Drinking Jim Beam on a Saturday morning.... ;)

Reminds me of my bi-polar neighbor who hung out at one of the local hole-in-the-wall bars for ex-AA members, at 8 on Saturday mornings, drinking Bloody Marys. We've tried to explain to her that people who hang out at crappy bars at 8am every Saturday morning so they can get an early start, are generally not the kind of people you want to model yourself after. She didn't get it though. Starved for attention I guess. Luckily she's in another phase now and no longer goes to the bar at 8am on Saturday mornings.

_Ω_
2004-07-10, 10:58
As I post this Sunday 4AM.....

And I would have to day that JB Small Batch is very ordinary. Bookers for me anyday.....

Barto
2004-07-10, 11:23
Dare Caramel Latté. Best flavoured milk evar.

Barto

staph
2004-07-10, 11:29
Strong black (i.e. fermented — it's a broken Orange Pekoe) tea, white, no sugar.

Favourite alcoholic drink... probably single malt, unadulterated as God intended it. A good Shiraz or Merlot, and a decent pale ale would be right up there too.

k squared
2004-07-10, 18:17
Right now I'm drinking a nice Chimay Blue. Not a bad ale, but a bit strong.

_Ω_
2004-07-10, 19:22

An excellent choice :)

tallslacker
2004-07-10, 20:44
Tonight I'll be sipping on some Bailey's Irish Creme and call it a night :)

thedustin
2004-07-10, 21:20
I drink Blue Moon while in Chicago. Frangelico on the rocks after a nice meal. VO & 7up or Stoli 'n Tonic while I'm out. Guinness if I want to stay semi-sober. Car-bombs or Beam & Coke to get wasted.

_thedustin

edit: I love a Black & Tan as well. Anything Guinness makes the stomach feel soooothed.

drewprops
2004-07-10, 21:58
I had four harps and some sugar cookies, health nut that I am.
I'm posting this while I'm 802.11p.
Figure it out.

ast3r3x
2004-07-10, 22:08
Gin, bitter lemon, with a lime floating in it. No parties tonight, so I'm just chilling here :\

Bones3D
2004-07-11, 01:56
Hehe, this topic has come up so many times over on our forum we have emoticons for them:

http://www.bones3dmb.com/forum_html/custom/pepsi.gifhttp://www.bones3dmb.com/forum_html/custom/coke.gif

Of course, being an avid Pepsi drinker, I'm the underdog over there. :lol:

Messiahtosh
2004-07-11, 07:27
Water, Vanilla Soy Milk, Cranberry Juice mixed with Raspberry selzter water. :cool:

oldmacfan
2004-07-11, 10:03
Not being a big drinker, last Monday I had a '94 Franciscan Oakville Cabernet S.

But when I have my late night sweet tooth and a need for sleep, a nice Nutty Irishman chilled straight up does the trick.

iLikeMyiMacG4
2004-07-11, 10:14
Stewart's Orange and Cream soda. The best orange soda you will ever have. They have good grape soda too.

staph
2004-07-11, 11:10
Jameson's Irish Whiskey.

Malty goodness...

sobelizzard
2004-07-11, 12:29
Just made myself a smoothie - low fat soy milk + orange peach flavoured soy + two frozen bananas + some tofu... all done up in the blender... so damn good for post workout beverage

psmith2.0
2004-07-11, 12:48
Depends on what I'm eating, time of day, how I'm feeling. Several faves:

Dr. Pepper, first and foremost. Pepsi (and even Coca-Cola, for that matter) can go to hell. :p

I LOVE Fierce Berry Gatorade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Try it, you'll freak out at how delicious it is.

Good, authentic lemonade (maybe with the pulp and some seed action going on). Usually found at county fairs and downtown food fests, in a big plastic cup for $1.50. But if you have a Chick-fil-a in your area, I suggest going by and getting their lemonade, because that's pretty much the taste I'm talking about.

Beer? I've tried nearly everything at one point. Most of the time, like it or not, it's Bud Lite or something from Miller (MGD, because it's always at baseball games). If I'm feeling a bit more uppity or trying to be cooler than I am, I'll always love a good pint of Bass! And I like just about any golden/wheat microbrew crap. If it's yellow in color, chances are I'll drink it (no jokes, please). But I have to admit...I love going to trendy little beer places and microbreweries and ordering a Budweiser, just to see the look on the goober's face behind the bar.

"Oh, sorry...I don't really want that New England Raspberry Bacon Wheat Ale listed on the chalkboard there, although I'm sure it's DELICIOUS...just give me a beer one would actually see on the hood of a stock car and quit blocking the TV".

:p

_Ω_
2004-07-11, 14:31
It's now 7.30AM. Been up since 4AM working.

Second Red Bull dead....contemplating a third....

:)

psmith2.0
2004-07-11, 22:42
You know, I've never, ever had a Red Bull. I see the commercials for them quite a bit and see them in convenience stores and other places.

As someone who totally doesn't know the deal, what's it like? Is there a truly noticeable thing when you drink one? Two? Is it a jittery, spazzy feeling or just a nice, well-rounded "peppiness"?

:confused:

Any danger to them? What if you drank 6 in a row? 12? Would your head explode? :D

Does one can make a difference? What does it taste like? A soda? Or a fruit drink? Is it carbonated or smooth, like Gatorade?

thedustin
2004-07-11, 23:02
It is for sure an acquired taste (Red Bull.) The first is always gross, then they start tasting better. I now enjoy the taste. i heard they are really bad for you, I think just because of the sugar but who cares. Then you move on to vodka red bulls, which are a terrible first drink to start the night off. After a while, they seem to be delicious. Go figure.

_thedustin

Maciej
2004-07-11, 23:47
Any danger to them? What if you drank 6 in a row? 12? Would your head explode? :D

Does one can make a difference? What does it taste like? A soda? Or a fruit drink? Is it carbonated or smooth, like Gatorade?

I wouldn't recommend drinking 12, the most I've had is about 6 in an entire night but we were at a jog/run volunteer thing. It contains legal addictive stimulants, *cough* caffeine *cough*, and therefor increases your heartbeat significantly. Hence, I imagine too many would not be safe for your cardiovascular health.

It is sort of citrus flavored, it reminds me of Orangina, if your familiar with that.

Maciej
2004-07-11, 23:52
It is for sure an acquired taste (Red Bull.) The first is always gross, then they start tasting better. I now enjoy the taste. i heard they are really bad for you, I think just because of the sugar but who cares. Then you move on to vodka red bulls, which are a terrible first drink to start the night off. After a while, they seem to be delicious. Go figure.

_thedustin

When we toured England, some of us tried Red Bull Absinthe beverages. If you are not familiar with Absinthe, it is an alcohol commonly distilled from worm wood, and can be hallucinogenic if taken in large amounts. This combination of Absinthe and Red Bull tasted very much like black licorice, a very distinctive taste.

Also, come to think of it, I am more of a fan of the "Amped" drinks made by Mountain Dew. I'm not too sure if they are available in Europe.

Has anyone tried the beverage known as Bawls?

Mac+
2004-07-12, 08:26
Water, Vanilla Soy Milk, Cranberry Juice mixed with Raspberry selzter water. :cool:That sounds refreshing - mental note for a Summer drink! ;)
Just made myself a smoothie - low fat soy milk + orange peach flavoured soy + two frozen bananas + some tofu... all done up in the blender... so damn good for post workout beverageAlso sounds good - if ever I work out, I'll give it a shot. :lol:

Mostly I like fresh juices: carrot, orange, apple, celery and a bit of ginger for zest is a standby favourite. Good for a pick me up in the morning. :)

Also a big fan of a good Virgin Mary too - tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, some Tabasco for kick, lemon, salt, pepper and a stick of celery.

If I'm going out for the night, then I'll normally start with a light beer and then have a wine with dinner. But I'm not too fussed about what variety it is. I'm not that brand loyal when it comes to alcohol - I'm more interested in good company and good conversation.

Having said that, this is my favourite celebration "savour the moment" - order by brand name - alcoholic type drink:

Frangelico with freshly squeezed lime over crushed ice.

Mmmm :cool:

kretara
2004-07-12, 08:40

Yummmm. Chimay is good.
If you like Chimay you might want to try Corsendonk, if you can find it.
Has a little more flavor than Chimay and is somewhat smoother.

Right now I'm drinking H20.

kafelatte
2004-07-12, 09:20
Interestingly,upon reading the thread title, "coffee" popped into my head not so much as a word, but as an urge, like an addict or Pavlov's dog perhaps.

Here is my drink of choice
Tres Generaciones Anejo Tequila (2 shots)
Grand Marnier (1 shot)
Splash of Pomegranate concentrate
Squeeze of fresh lime
shake with ice and serve in a nice, large martini glass.

feel very :D after 1 or 2. Can never remember how I feel after 3.

k squared
2004-07-12, 13:00
Yummmm. Chimay is good.
If you like Chimay you might want to try Corsendonk, if you can find it.
Has a little more flavor than Chimay and is somewhat smoother.

Right now I'm drinking H20.

Corsendonk Brown Ale is my all time favorite, but like you write, it's difficult to find.