PDA

View Full Version : The wireless iPod is here

Ebby
2004-07-12, 11:34
An attachment to a PocketPC gives the iPod file-swapping capabilities. It can also stream music wirelessly.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/07/10/wireless_ipod/

Pretty cool, but still has room for improvement. I can picture Griffin technologies doing something cool like this as a little snap-on addition.

HOM
2004-07-12, 11:53
Since its introduction almost two years ago, the fashionable and expensive iPod gadget has earned a reputation as a music hoard for selfish yuppies. But perhaps not for very much longer. Thanks to some ingenious Romanian entrepreneurs, it might actually start to be really useful. Here's how.
I knew I hated The Register. Now the iPod won't appeal to regular people anymore, but geeks. And not your regular geeks, but Alpha geeks that have a desire to show off their geekiness wherever they go and to whomever will listen. Sounds like a winner to me.

From reading the article, you plug the iPod into a WinCE device and then broadcast the music from there? What's the point? I'm going to carry two devices so strangers can steal my music? This seems like a solution in search of a problem.

EDIT:
Since the whole point of music is to share it...
Really? I thought the whole point of music was to listen to it and enjoy it. All these years of enjoying music and I was doing it all wrong.