PDA

View Full Version : ipod mini case for gym/running

scubaski
2005-08-25, 05:17
Hi,
just got an ipod mini with the belt clip. I am planning to use the ipod at the gym and I also run, so I doubt that the belt clip is good enough. I need a case that secures safely to the waistband of my shorts and protects the ipod from sweat/rain (and scratches). most cases seem to have a hole for the clickwheel and screen which sorts of defeats the purpose of a protective case?

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

DMBand0026
2005-08-25, 09:40
Try the iSkin (http://www.iskin.com/). I have one and they're great. It's a silicone (very flexible, protective, but nonporous material) case that has a flap that covers the dock connector, a screen protector, and they have click wheel covers that work very well too. I suggest you check it out, it's really a great product.

Edit: It has a built in belt clip too.

nomorewindows
2005-08-25, 10:58
I have found the belt clips to be annoying when I run. For some reason, the arm band clips don't bother me as much for things like running, elliptical trainers, etc. The belt clip just doesn't feel secure enough, though it probably is better when lifting weights and things like that.

scubaski
2005-08-26, 05:09
thanks for the replies. had a look yesterday in the stores, the metioned iskin looks very good but does not seem to be available in the UK? saw the Speck Tough Skin ruggedized case. unfortunately it was shrink wrapped in the box and I could not investigate further. anyone has one of these?

cheers.