PDA

View Full Version : Another Powerbook buying dilema.

Satchmo
2005-09-02, 14:04
What to do...what to do...

BestBuy in Canada has 12" PB's for the ridiculously low price of $1499. This sale lasts till only the 8th of Sept.

However, I want to wait til Paris to find out if the rumoured 13.3" widescreen actually pans out.

I could purchase one of these 12" PB's on the 6th and return it if 13" models are introduced (the return policy at BB is 14 days...which working back from the 20th brings the date up to the 6th of September)

My concern is that it may be all sold out by the 6th.
Any suggestions?

Wyatt
2005-09-02, 14:16
What to do...what to do...

BestBuy in Canada has 12" PB's for the ridiculously low price of $1499. This sale lasts till only the 8th of Sept.

However, I want to wait til Paris to find out if the rumoured 13.3" widescreen actually pans out.

I could purchase one of these 12" PB's on the 6th and return it if 13" models are introduced (the return policy at BB is 14 days...which working back from the 20th brings the date up to the 6th of September)

My concern is that it may be all sold out by the 6th.
Any suggestions?
I bought a Gateway laptop from them a while back and want to remind you that Best Buy charges a 15% restocking fee (at least in the US).

I doubt you'd be disappointed with the 12" if you just went ahead and bought it, honestly. And what best buy has EVER sold out of a computer over $1000? Seriously.