PDA

View Full Version : Should it be called AppleOutsider any more?

sunrain
2004-07-13, 23:52
In order to cement myself as a complete rabble rouser...

I was just pondering that since we got rid of the other subtle name similarities between our community and the 'other' community, it seems as though this name also should change. I know we have other similar categories, but this particular one references the former name. I don't have any particular name in mind, it just seemed like a subtle reminder of a time we might best let rest.

Yes? No? Go back to my corner? :confused:

sunrain
2004-07-13, 23:54
Maybe TerraNova?

*ducks*

Luca
2004-07-14, 04:06
Aldo Nova's Mystery Lounge!

psmith2.0
2004-07-14, 04:11
Fantasy Bar. Let 'em all wonder, or figure it out... :lol:

Hey, wait... :\

And when you click on the link to go to it, you hear that riff and solo from the song (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=6398003&selectedItemId=6397969). Aldo would be proud...we'd give new life to a cock-rock anthem! :p

Luca
2004-07-14, 04:25
Dude, that's awesome! Now I have to buy some of Aldo Nova's music in commemoration of this place.

Argh! Why the hell is it $11 to buy the 11-track album? Damn record companies forcing Apple to charge extra. They should sell albums for $10 to encourage people to buy the whole thing.

Powerdoc
2004-07-14, 05:52
We should call it : In the Heart of the Volcano :D

Escher
2004-07-14, 08:27
Well, .com stole the AppleOutsider name from Mandricard, so I don't think there is any issue in keeping it. Not everything has to be different here. At .com, I avoided AO like the plague. I really like the idea that I've been visiting AppleOutsider on AN without being terrified and apprehesive.

Let's keep AppleOutsider! ... as it is right now on AppleNova. The formula works. There is absolutely no point in changing such a good thing.

Escher