PDA

View Full Version : Author Topic: Should I buy a 4th Gen iPod now...or wait for the 5th?

Argellius
2005-09-06, 08:42
I currently have a 20 GB 2nd Gen iPod and am ready to trade up and get a 60GB photo iPod.

I've been reading and reading forums on various sites discussing the possible upcoming 5th Generation iPod.

Would anyone here care to speculate as to when the next generation iPod might be out? I'm just wondering if I should go ahead and get a new one now or wait. I can certainly wait for a month or two, but not six or seven.

There are speculations that it will do video -- something which I have no interest in. I am more interested in general improvements to battery life, size, usability, etc.

Thanks!

Brad
2005-09-06, 08:46
See this lengthy discussion:

Apple plans "special event" on Sep. 7 (iPod speculation) (http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=9245)

So, wait at least until tomorrow.

Argellius
2005-09-06, 08:55
Thanks...I'd looked through the posts, but most discussions focus on the mini pod or the phone. I realize this is a, more or less, pointless question on my part, since as with all things gadgety, there is always something on the horizon to delay a current purchase.

Wyatt
2005-09-06, 09:20
There is, indeed, always something on the horizon, and I think we can be pretty sure we're a ways off from any sort of update to the 20/60GB iPods, but there's no harm in waiting another week or so to see what pans out in the way of iPod updates.

losslesshead
2005-09-06, 09:53
Well, I second waiting until tomorrow, but I am guessing that tomorrow will only be about Phones and Minis. If there are no normal iPod updates (which I am suspecting) I would go ahead and get the 60 GB. I have one, and it is an awesome unit with enough capacity to suit most people (except my guitar teacher).