PDA

View Full Version : In Celebration of the Tour

LoCash
2004-07-15, 18:43
We have a logo with the same colour as that of the yellow jersey from the tour. The flag behind the logo represents the current tour leader's country of origin. The speedholes have been updated with new images as well ;)

Moogs
2004-07-15, 19:18
Cool. I was wondering about that. I thought maybe Powerdoc had made a unilateral decision to put the French flag up to piss off the legions of FBI and CIA spooks who frequent these forums in order to catch wily terrorists.

:D

curiousuburb
2004-07-15, 19:27
We have a logo with the same colour as that of the yellow jersey from the tour.
yellow, eh?
*squints*
looks more tangerine than lemon, but it might be le maillot jaune

The flag behind the logo represents the current tour leader's country of origin. The speedholes have been updated with new images as well ;)

As the peloton goes past, the flag graphic cycles per each rider's nationality.
Sadly, most browser refresh will only catch the French riders. ;)

As for the speed holes, nice idea... but I'm wanting spokes in #1 and gears in #3. :p

LoCash
2004-07-15, 19:44
Spokes and cogs in the speedholes aren't necessarily in the purest spirit of the tour. Those would be elements of the bike, and the tour isn't about the bike ;)

curiousuburb
2004-07-15, 20:01
Spokes and cogs in the speedholes aren't necessarily in the purest spirit of the tour. Those would be elements of the bike, and the tour isn't about the bike ;)

Yeah... it's all about the health benefits, seen here in my favourite Tour poster

http://bicycle-gifts.com/jpg/q45.jpg :smokey:

LoCash
2004-07-15, 21:20
:lol: Yes, one of my favourites too

Powerdoc
2004-07-16, 01:18
Nice pictures. In this time, people use to know how to live :D

DMBand0026
2004-07-16, 01:35
Nice work on the graphics :)

Everything looks great. I saw them earlier today and got all excited, made me want to go for a ride...but I couldn't find my clip shoes. Grrr...oh well, they've gotta be around here somewhere.

<DMBand searches through pile of junk on floor>

<falls out of chair>

<swears loudly>

Escher
2004-07-25, 20:57
Hey, LoCash: I just noticed the US flag behind the yellow AppleNova name. Nice! Lance is just a machine. Wonder what he will do next when US Postal becomes Team Discovery Channel. Of couse, I'd bike damn fast to get in bed with Sheryl Crow too. :lol:

On a somewhat related topic: My brother-in-law just relayed the message that my father-in-law wants to pass his nice (at least by my standards) alumium frame Cannondale road bike on to me. Very useful, because my mountain bike got stolen two years ago and my 20 year-old British CroMoly road bike is still sitting in my father's basement in Switzerland. Now I just have to get in shape again so that I can keep up with my endurance machine of a wife. ;)

Escher

psmith2.0
2004-07-26, 06:42
Ha, Escher beat me to the smutty Sheryl Crow comment...I had several lined up, ready to go. :D

He's a lucky man. and I ain't talking about winning some bike race either...

Escher
2004-07-26, 09:18
....I had several lined up, ready to go. :D

We know what you like, pscates. So let's hear them! They couldn't be any cheaper than mine, typed while sitting on my big fat ass (figuratively speaking, of course). ;)

Escher

psmith2.0
2004-07-26, 09:41
Nah, I love her too much... ;)