PDA

View Full Version : Lacie DVD burners?

AtHomeBoy_2000
2005-09-21, 11:04
I recently bought a iMac 17" with a combo drive and would like to buy an external hard drive to go with it. I have heard great things about th LaCie d2 DVD+/-RW with LightScribe. How well does it work with the iLife and iWork apps? I thought I heard something about iDVD not burning to external drives. is that true? How can i work around that if it is?

SharkSandwich
2005-09-21, 13:33
I recently bought a iMac 17" with a combo drive and would like to buy an external hard drive to go with it. I have heard great things about th LaCie d2 DVD+/-RW with LightScribe. How well does it work with the iLife and iWork apps? I thought I heard something about iDVD not burning to external drives. is that true? How can i work around that if it is?

I just got one for my Powerbook. Your right, iDVD wil not recognize it but it will work with DVD Studio Pro and iTunes. I called La Cie and they said it was Apples fault and they agreed it was stupid since iDVD comes with EVERY Mac.
Anyway, I was told by a Apple rep that you can work around it on the newest version of iDVD using something called "Burn Disc Image". I'm
running an older version of iDVD so I was able to download a patch that works.

There's more onfo here:
http://www.patchburn.de/

Good luck!

Kusakun
2005-09-26, 16:08
I have a Lacie D2 for a year and a half and works fine. Actually i have updated the inside the case burner for the latest one of pioneer DVDR 110B. For me Lightscribe is not useful because you use the laser of the recorder...