View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-10, 13:58

It was the three most basic, consumer-level Macs - the Air and Mac mini, and, some would argue, the 13" MacBook Pro - getting things first. It make take the full 18+ months before they're ready to unveil a beefier, more capable Mac (the iMac, 16" MacBook Pro and the Mac Pro).

The iMac will mostly likely be accompanied by a redesign. That rumor from last week talks about the Mac Pro getting smaller, and I'm better a 16" MacBook Pro gets a redesign/tweak (accompanied by a redone 13" on the same day). These might all take well into 2021, who knows.

But a ton of people buy/use the Air and 13" MacBook Pro, so today's announcements will appeal to a plenty of buyers. And, timing-wise, it works out. I imagine the new Air being a strong seller for many.

Mac mini is silver again. That's nice.

That $999 256GB MacBook Air BTO'd to 16GB RAM is $1,199. Is that cheaper than before? They don't offer any CPU options, but hasn't that been the case for a while anyway on this model? I can't remember.

If all they said about the MacBook Air in that presentation is true/holds up, that's a nice little notebook for $1,200.