View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-11-10, 16:40

If anyone cares, the M1 page at Apple has the specific chip comparisons at the bottom of the page.

This bit is especially interesting:
Quote:
3. Testing conducted by Apple in October 2020 using preproduction 13‑inch MacBook Pro systems with Apple M1 chip and 16GB of RAM measuring peak single-thread performance of workloads taken from select industry-standard benchmarks, commercial applications, and open source applications. Comparison made against the highest-performing CPUs for notebooks commercially available at the time of testing. Performance tests are conducted using specific computer systems and reflect the approximate performance of MacBook Pro.
Of note, performance numbers for the Air and the Pro appear to be drastically different in these comparisons (the Air is compared to the 1.2GHz Intel i7, while the Pro is compared to the fastest portable chip available, and I assume this is the 8-core i9?). This appears to be the result of the fan, and makes it possible that the M1 is clocked higher in the Mini/Pro to take advantage of this?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)