View Single Post
Chinney
Veteran Member

2010-01-16, 19:43

Wow. I would not have expected to win, but I'll take it just the same. Thanks PB.

As for the topic, I've thought of a few potential ones for our thread over the past month. I've settled for what might seem to be a bit of an odd topic, but one that might just work, and that might be a bit of fun:
Abstract (or, in other words, "What the heck is that?")
I'd like to see some pictures that are not clearly representational of anything, but appeal simply from the point of view of texture, patterns, colour, shading, depth of field and/or general visual interest. It could be the opportunity for close-ups/macros, but it does not have to be (mine will not be, because my little Sigma does not have a macro lens). You can do a few Photoshop, Lightroom or Aperture adjustments if you want to do so, but nothing too heavy again, given the original guidelines that PB put out. Also, I want to emphasize that all photos are welcome. You do not need to have a professional camera to take an abstract shot. Finally, I'd like to have some fun guessing what the heck the shots actually are.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.