View Single Post
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2005-01-09, 04:16

I watch Pimp my Ride a lot and I noticed how whenever xibit visits the houses of the teens and knocks on their door, they teens always open it. Not the parents, or another family member, always the owner of the car. The reactions on the people though, the way they get excited is very real and i figured no way it could be acting, i figured maybe mtv called a couple of contestants up and told them that they were nominated to get their cars pimped, if they are chosen xibit will knock on there doors on this day at this time, make sure YOU open the door that day.

sounded reasonable..

so i was watching pimp my ride yesterday and this chick opens the door and she starts jumping all surprised and stuff and thats when i notice something. while she was jumping her top was going up and i noticed something black over her pants in the back. i thought it might be her gstring but since it was tivoed i was able to pause and frame by frame check it out. turns out its the mic thingy, u know the little box the tv people carry with the mic connected to it. that just pissed me off, how fake is that show?

i already read before i think it was in FHM about how most of the stuff on the show is fake, like when they gather in the room and they go over each persons ideas for the car. that turned out was all a show and the fact is the owner of west coast works with MTV on the car ideas and the employees later act as if they came up with the idea.

sucks..

portable: MacBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD | personal: PowerMac G5 dual 2.3ghz, 6GB RAM, 6TB HD | work: MacBook Pro 2.5ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD | car: Alpine iDA-W407 with black iPod 80GB | pocket: iPhone 3GS with Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro's