View Single Post
Spart

2005-01-09, 13:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperb0le
Exactly. Pimp My Ride is one of my least favorite shows (next to all the dating/marriage ones). There is no reason to have all this shit in a car. It only serves to distract the driver. Since teens are the ones who get their cars "pimped," when they get distracted and crash, they get added to the statistics of teen accidents, which in turn makes my insurance rates higher.

Pimp My Ride = bad
I have to disagree. Most people listen to music in their cars, be it the radio on their stock sound system or people like me on our custom 2,500W sound systems. Listening isn't much of a distraction so long as you aren't so fiercely head-banging to the music that you actually can't see the road.

And as for the video aspect of the installs on PMR, it all depends on who does it. We installed a 7" monitor, DVD player, and an X-Box in my friend's Crown Vic. In the position that the monitor was at, it would swivel to face every occupant in the car but the driver. It has to be that way to be legal in Iowa. We had tons of fun playing Halo in the back seat of that car on the way to get some chinese...which became a ritual for us.

Still, I wouldn't consider most of the cars on PMR to be "daily drivers". They are all show cars...something I wouldn't drive around even if I owned one. My car has no video installations as of yet, it is all audio.

And no, just to avoid the snide comments, I'm not one of the annoying bastards that drives past your abode at night rattling your windows. I keep the subs turned down when I'm in town, usually even in broad daylight.