View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-09-13, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmits View Post
But most people seem to think it's a symbol or something, to finally have one of the biggest groups of all time on the biggest online music store.
That's the one thing. The other is, as Steve has recently pointed out, that people often can't be bothered to rip their CDs. Depending on how well-organized you are, the time and effort required may easily exceed the 99 cents for a song. (Think about it: how much money can you make in the twenty minutes it takes to find some 'rusty' old disc in the attic?)

And even if you don't agree that it can be quite economical, you can't deny that many people simply are too lazy. The iTunes Store is all about convenience; the instant nature of "hey, I wanna hear this song right now". You wouldn't go to the retail store. You wouldn't look for it in the attic. You would, however, search for it in the store, wait a minute to have it downloaded, then play. It cuts the barrier of purchase so low that many just don't think about it any more.

Here:
Quote:
Q: Many people already have Beatles music on CDs. Will they really buy it online if they already own it?

A: I do expect them to, yes. That's been the case with other music, as well.

I own every Bob Dylan album ever, but I buy a lot of it on iTunes, because I guess I'm just too lazy to rip it from the CD.