View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-09-17, 16:06

Hey, what is everyone expecting at this London event? I assume it's very iPhone-centric, but I just saw some pics at MacRumors where there are black curtains hanging up. Now this could be simply to "block out the world" and prying eyes. But I wonder if there are products, displays and signage covered as well? If this is an iPhone event, why bother with the heavy secrecy I wonder?

Might just be curtains up to maintain the private, intimate feel of the event.

But I wish it was for something a bit unexpected and cool (fill in the blank with your particular definition of "unexpected and cool").

I do hope we get a meaningful, "adds some new fun and features" iPhone update tomorrow.

One of the people posting about the pics says this, and it's an interesting point:

Quote:
Whatever is up, if they are staying closed until 4pm after a 10am press event, it is going to be something very exciting. Apple won't sacrifice 6 hours of business at the flagship store without very good reason.
Then again, "very good reason" might just be the iPhone, being that people over there haven't seen it or really gotten a good handle on it like we have here in the States for two-plus months.

I want this to be the iPhone...and something else.

Should I wake up at 5:00am to follow the proceedings? Hmmm...