Thread: Dream Pro
View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2019-06-08, 00:04

1. I wasn’t saying the CPU had to be fast, but you did stipulate a 3.0Ghz i5 with HT that doesn’t exist, so yeah. Nothing wrong with an i5 in a mid-range desktop, I’ve used i5 chips in my main machines for the last 9 years, only in my new desktop did I go for an i7.

2. Yeah, but those are “Pro” machines, this is mid-range. All Apples mid-range stuff ships with 8GB, this machine will basically be a headless iMac with expansion slots, like the lower spec’d Power Mac of the G4 era. User expandable, standard desktop DDR4 DIMMs. Four slots. $100 to upgrade to 16GB yourself after and skip the 100% inflation from Apple.

3. No solider storage, user expandable via industry standard M.2 slots, at least 2 4x slots. If it went PCI-E gen4 it could have more. No strips, no priority hardware R.A.I.D, just standard stuff.

4. WIFI 6 is the next gen stuff that is just starting to ship. AC is thankfully the last gen with random naming that makes no sense.

If it’s all fixed on typical Apple stuff there is no point in not getting an iMac, thus the emphasis on user upgradable parts.

I would sign up, but don’t use FB or Twitter (anymore)

Last edited by PB PM : 2019-06-08 at 00:21.