View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-16, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Apple "locking down" the Mac, or whatever the inevitable alarming tech media narrative would be.
I am convinced that it would be perceived as exactly that. The tech media would spare no expense attacking Apple for such horrendous "design" decisions. I mean, after all, we have all of these pluggy-inny-things and we want to plug them in to something. We don't actually use them, and don't actually need them, but by the horn of Africa we want to plug it in anyway! I mean, really. How is poor, dear ol' grandma gonna use that 20 year-old hockey puck mouse if she can't plug it in? Oh, the humanity!

Yeah, the only thing I plug in to my laptop on any remotely semi-regular basis is a flash drive, and that is … hmm … when did I plug that thing in last?

And I really like the idea of that "MagSafe 3" connector thing. I worry just a bit about shorting out something like that, but the design idea is quite good, and would entirely eliminate holes. But, that would also be scorned since, I mean really, you mean I can't use my existing power adapter that I have eleventeen of?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)