View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2016-02-14, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Thinking about it some more, it really doesn't surprise me that the two people who appear to put most of their effort into schtick/entertainment during their keynote and presentations would say this. They're already a little hard to take with their constant yuk-yuks/hijinks, so not taking legitimate issues seriously - or even having the awareness and humility to acknowledge they exist - is really not shock.

It's sad, but it's not some gigantic surprise.

And, yes...anytime Gruber is in the presence of anyone from Apple, he keeps his lips wrapped around their johnson for the duration of their time together. He knows where his bread is buttered, and what would happen to his access or other perks if he ever pushed too hard or didn't engage in the requisite fawning, glad-handing and softball-tossing. He's hardly the person to be pushing any Apple higher-ups on any of this.
It just makes me sad.

I really was capable of producing cooler things, much easier, and with a more pleasant experience with iLife and iWork in the early 2000s than with the same software today despite the immense increase in computer power and capabilities.