View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-06-30, 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
turtle, the CSR's head will explode if you try to buy a consumer phone when you've got a FAN account. Trust me, I've tried. I was amazed at how confused the CSR got when I tried to explain what I was doing.
I've faced this issue before too. I'm gonna call 611 and see what their take is. If they tell me I'll have to dump my FAN to get the iPhone then I'll be sure to let it go. I'm guessing though that I just won't get my normal equipment discount as is part of my (former) companies plan. Then again, I'm not with the company any more either....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
I ported my T-Mobile number to AT&T a couple weeks ago, and signed up with a military discount (presumably, a FAN account). When I activated my iPhone, it simply told me that I would not be eligible for the discounted plan with the iPhone, and automatically switched me to the normally-priced version of the same plan. No call to a CSR required, though it did take a few tries and about five minutes of waiting at the final confirmation prompt before activation was completed.
Even if I have to switch, it'll be worth it. I would rather not though, why give up a discount if I don't have to? Plus, not all my lines will be iPhones.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.