Thread: iMac Pro
View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2017-06-07, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
You've made it abundantly clear that you're skeptical of the technical details Apple has provided, but you've failed to answer my simple question. What reason is there for Apple to lie about this?
Apple had written off the Pro market, got too much grief for it, then made up the technical excuses as the reason why they'd dropped the ball completely. (although if the hurdles were strictly technical, there were work arounds in place if they cared enough to really want to speed bump them at the least, since faster stuff with a lower thermal output has come out since then.)

An 8k display would likely be magnificent, but is that enough to justify an entire line of computers? TB3 can drive an 8k display in theory can't it? How many 8k displays do you imagine people would be using? You'd need to have multiples 8k displays (3+) before a MacPro would be required, right?

I think the iMac pro is going to sell very well, and the Mac Pro will continue to see technical issues preventing its release until no one cares because the market has moved past the tower concept.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me

Last edited by alcimedes : 2017-06-07 at 10:33.