View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-08, 07:04

Maps have updated again finally.

I was just looking at the original post in this thread and realized it's been over 6 years of me making these maps. I love being able to do it for you guys too. It's been fun working through the bugs and getting to stay running even with some of the major changes that have happened since I started doing this.

Doing this map actually got me really looking into managing Linux servers and that lead to my previous job. I've changed "jobs" (there is a business owned in here) 4 times since starting these maps.

I've moved the hosting of the maps 4 times as well. I don't even recall how many versions of the maps I've run, there is a post up-thread with all the archived maps that are still available. There are something like 12 of those. Space wise, those archives alone take up 156GB of storage on the web server.

I've had one kid move out and two new ones added to my family. Tons of other family stuff too.

Pretty wild to realize how long it's been. Glad to keep it going guys.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.