Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-04-26, 11:51

I've mentioned this before on a couple of occasions but I always find it interesting (and impressive) how Apple can film those little introductory/lifestyle videos to accompany new products, as though they've been out in the world and used by people far before their actual unveiling/release...and they manage to stay secret/unleaked.

Watch that 24" iMac video, again, and note all those different people, including kids/teens, all using this new colorful 24" iMac. I assume this was filmed at least a week or more before the event took place last Tuesday. It's just neat how everyone keeps their mouth shut and nothing leaks/leaked.

I realize there are NDAs and all that, but since when does that stop people? Things get leaked all the time, but these little promo videos with new hardware (Macs, iPhones, etc.) get filmed quite often and, to my knowledge, not one of them has been the basis for any leaks/spoilers/cat-out-of-the-bag moments.

Time magazine (or was it Newsweek?), ATi, careless website employees (premature specification) and others have certainly botched unveilings and ruined surprises over the past couple of decades, but never Apple themselves via one of these filmed promo videos. Just hard to believe footage, or even a screenshot or three, never seems to leak out prior to the the event.

Makes me wonder if the people in these videos are Apple employees (and their kids)? As opposed to outside models/actors? And same for the crew as well? Or do professional filmmaker types just don't care about such things; it's just another job to them and they do this sort of thing with cars and other products too and it just doesn't really matter to, or phase, them after doing so many of these things over the years?

"It's just another job, pal...I didn't give a shit about the new Audi we filmed a few months ago either."

Somewhere, within the past 2-6 weeks, on a sound stage in California(?), all these colorful iMacs were being filmed with people using them. Nothing ever leaked. Not even a coy hint on Twitter by some low-level crew member. They must really make it known "if you talk, you die".

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-04-26 at 12:12.