View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-04-28, 14:22

Re: all this flat earth stuff…what’s the basis/reason for it? What’s the point/benefit of throwing in with that? Are they genuinely serious or are they just all being trolls and stirring the pot? Like a big Internet flash mob of known, proud fruit loops looking for laughs/fun?

Because as a decades-long Phil Hendrie listener/fan, I can actually kinda appreciate that.

But if they’re legit…get me a net.

I’ve never really thought about this kind of stuff (because I’m sane), so I just never took it seriously. A bit of Googling and Youtubing today has been both hilarious and a little unsettling.

Otherwise functioning(?) adults(??) with actual lives/careers(???) believe this kind of stuff and they’re not kidding around or playing a role/for laughs?

Do they grow up learning it from crazy parents, or is it the kind of dumb shit you come across on the Internet masquerading as Truth & Enlightenment™️ to people with an already shaky, feeble grasp of things?

I’m betting it’s a lot of the latter. The “believe everything they hear/read on the Internet” crowd is growing, not waning, it seems. There are discussions held today that never would - or could - have been just 50 years ago. 25 years ago. Hell, 10 years ago.

That isn’t progress.

That’s “something has gone and turned a bunch of people stupid and crazy.” And, by all means, let’s provide them a consequence-free platform to share their stupid/crazy insights.

Perfect.

Today has been an eye-opener, no lie.