Thread: Apple and Tesla
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-05-02, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
Tesla has lots of innovation, vision and growth but needs cash and operational and manufacturer expertise.
Kind of. In the early years, their strategy to start with a roadster, continue with a luxury sedan and keep on moving further downmarket seemed smart and to work out well.

I'd also say they've successfully rattled some feathers at the big ol' corps like Daimler.

But… after that? They seem to have trouble moving mass-market, and Musk increasingly comes off not so much as a brilliant visionary but as a bumbling idiot who keeps deservedly running into trouble with the SEC (imagine half as much oversight for politicians…).

Which maybe goes to your point — Tesla could use some more professional management, and Apple could use some of Tesla's innovation.

I just don't think there's much left for Tesla to offer, and I don't think they're a great fit. That could just be conservative me, though — I'd much rather Apple stay focus on IT.