View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-04-03, 22:07

So I jumped in finally today. I ended up just walking in to BestBuy and buying a pair of Sonos One Gen 2s. Same price as matched on sonos.com so I couldn't really complain.

So far I'm amazed at how simple it was to get up and running. These guys did a great job working the app to configure the speakers. I configured the two in the same room so they are configured for R+L Stereo. Again, the setup was a breeze.

The fact that I could connect it to my Plex library on top of my Apple Music subscription makes it far and above what I was expecting. Playing from one source or the other is just awesome.

The music is pretty impressive too. While not the most dynamic speakers I've ever heard they are pretty nice. I'm still debating on $400 worth of nice...but the ease of use an simplicity that even my young kids can manage seem to negate that cost.

I do not have Alexa enabled though. I will not ever enable Alexa either. This was actually a concern for me in buying these. I was actually looking to buy the Play:1s since they don't come with Alexa as an option. Since I can either disable the mic on the device itself I was willing to give it a shot and just return it if it was a problem. In the end I didn't even have to set up Alexa since it requires an app to function. I don't have the app so concern resolved!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.