View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-04-28, 10:05

I don't know how this stuff works...I guess these are automated 'bots doing this? Or are they actual people?

If it's the latter, that is so weird because in all my time of being online and participating in forums (guitars, movies, Apple, DIY/woodworking, art/design, etc.) it has never occurred to me, in 20+ years, to take the time/hassle to register at some forum, just to post spam and other unsolicited, unappreciated nonsense (I realize that describes the bulk of my posts, but you know what I mean).

And the ones who preface their shilling/linkage with some sort of vaguely on-topic gibberish are a special kind of shithead. They make just enough sense to make you think "well, they're apparently a bit brain-damaged or struggling with addiction, bless their heart*, but they are contributing some thoughts on the matter at hand...". But then you see the link and you instantly get to hate them, guilt-free.

*The Southern catch-all for "my gut tells me this person isn't all they say, but my raisin' dictates that I have to allow some wiggle room, just in case they are legit but kinda messed up in some way I might not be privy to". "Bless their heart" = they're beyond your help, but perhaps God can intervene.