View Single Post
wonderboy2005

2006-01-02, 15:54

OK I did a silly thing. I put my 1ghz 12"PB with a 40 gig HD on ebay and sold it two days ago. I could barely use it anymore. I have pulled everything off it, songs, pictures, and I only have 1 gig of space left. So I got frustrated and threw it up on Ebay and it sold for $860 which is the going price with a combo drive and an Applecare warranty. Anyway. Now I need to replace it becaise the guy that bought mine wants me to deliver it to him sooner then later and I can't be without a powerbook so I need to buy another quick.
I just found out that apple is about to announce there new products and the possibility of an intel Powerbook anyday now. Does anybody know what day the announcements will come. Is it Jan 9th? . My concern isn't that I should I wait for an intel PB but more about price. If I buy the 12" PB today wil it be selling for less next week after an the MAC announcements? That is the big question
The good news is that I am an Itunes Producer ( I upload my songs to Itunes) and I can get a big discount on a new 12"PB it only cost sme $1199 plus tax and shipping as opposed to $1499 plus tax and shipping. so I am doing alright to begin with. Please someone hep me with this decision, If I have to I guess I can make the guy who bought my PB wait until next week. i already told him I was on vacation and wouldn't be back until Jan 9th