View Single Post
jcoley2
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to jcoley2  
2008-01-14, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKMDC View Post
Upscaling works well on DVDs, My wife can't tell the difference, I can but it's close.
Just to show how you have to watch even the "stereo experts", I was reading a review on the Denon AVR-2808CI and I found out that the Denon AVR-2308CI which retails for $400 less also does the upscaling, exactly opposite what this guy told me. I called him today and he told me I was wrong, but after I pointed him to the review, he said he would go and review it before getting back to me.

One thing the review pointed out (CNET) is that:

The AVR-2808CI also includes onboard decoding for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, two of the new high-resolution soundtrack formats available on HD DVD and Blu-ray. The actual usefulness of this feature is somewhat questionable, as there are currently no Blu-ray or HD DVD players that can output soundtracks in bitstream format--although Denon has announced a Blu-ray player that apparently will be able to do this.

This guy told me that the PS3 does NOT do this (my only Blu-Ray player) and that I need to new player. Any one have a clue?

Now that I got a job, I can buy more Apple products!