View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-12-11, 21:08

...and that's why this new guy would beat/kill Boba in a duke-out should Boba wind up putting in an appearance as a pursuing adversary (see my earlier post above). If Boba, tough/successful as he may have been painted to be, isn't a true Mandalorian, he'll surely get it handed to him by one who is.

"I'm gonna shove that backpack up there, sideways, pal...".

I'm telling you...Disney is out to upend/subvert everything established in the original trilogy (Han returned to his scoundrel ways, Leia is a icicle who lives only to fight, Luke is a disillusioned quitter, the Jedis were useless, Vader's sacrifice ultimately meant nothing, Yoda is a pyromaniac/cackling loon, Artoo may as well be invisible, war hero/ace pilot General Calrissian is completely ignored for two entire movies, etc.). And if that means offing Boba Fett and making it known that he's not the ultimate hard-case merc/bounty hunter in the galaxy, then that's what they'll do. How else would you make your new, unnamed Mando character the ultimate bad-ass/antihero, ensuring automatic fandom/viewership for upcoming seasons?

Otherwise they would've skipped all this long-way-around-the-bend setup, cut to the chase and just made a TV show about Boba Fett (and if he's considered dead in Disney canon, then they could've easily set it in the time between TESB and ROTJ). They're just being coy, and setting the table.

IM(NSH)O.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2019-12-11 at 21:21.